Honored Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

@minimalistWF wrote:

@jackthebear Isn't Poshmark the best!?!  It is such a great way to get rid of things.

love it,  I walk around the house looking at things differently now.  I bought a dress for a family party wore it and listing it.  

Honored Contributor

I changed much of my social media followings and have seen nothing about it this year. was so turned off by all the postings previously,

I rarely shop there, I did when my kids were little 

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

And just like that, all the items I had wanted and had on mywishlistt were gone - poof - no more colors, no more of my size. 

I guess I should have gone on right at midnight and silly me waited til about6amm when I got up.  This anniversary sale is no longer on my radar.  It happened last year and I was disappointed, and same this year.  Unless they change things I give up.

Nordstrom's gets a thumbs down from me.

@jellyBEAN Oh, that's too bad, that always happens to me at Sephora. I wonder if you call Nordstrom and ask if more stock comes in will they honor the sale price for you, can't hurt to ask. I did buy my jacket and pants, I hope they'll fit and I like them. 

Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

And just like that, all the items I had wanted and had on my wishlist were gone - poof - no more colors, no more of my size. 

I guess I should have gone on right at midnight and silly me waited til about 6am when I got up.  This anniversary sale is no longer on my radar.  It happened last year and I was disappointed, and same this year.  Unless they change things I give up.

Nordstrom's gets a thumbs down from me.

@jellyBEAN   I tried to put wish list items in the bag a little after midnight until 1:30 am, eastern time, and I was not able to do it.  I kept getting the message that I would be able to complete shopping on July 16.  It was most definitely that when I tried.

An email came in at 4:15 am advising that I was now able to add things to my bag. 

I am thinking maybe they staggered hours on shopping so the site did not crash. 

In any event, quite a few things on my wish list are gone also.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

I ended up with just the Trish McAvoy eyelift/base set.  I am almost out anyway, so it was perfect timing.

Nothing in the purse category interested me.  Now that I only go into the office once every three weeks for a few hours and I run into about 3 people, I don't have a burning need for work clothes.

It's also 100 degrees here in Northern Virginia, so I can't get on board with winter clothes right now.

I bought 5 Chantelle bras at the 2020 sale and 2 still had tags on them until about a month ago. LOL

Right now my focus is bedding.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

This is the first time I was only buying beauty products so luckily everything was still in stock.  It's so frustrating when you wait for your day for shopping and half of what you want is already sold out.

I bought a double pack of Revitalash, the Laura Mercier Eye Stick set, Trish McEvoy eye base set and the Sunday Riley Good Genes set.  They're all products I've used and love except for the LM sticks.  I tend to use the sale as more of a chance to stock up on my favorites than to try something new.  They have such good deals on some of the beauty products.

Honored Contributor

I shopped at 6 am Pacific time. Only one item was unavailable from my wish list and that was just a salt scrub.  I did order Ralph Lauren coat which will probably go back because I have trouble with sleeve lengths on that brand (and I swore no more coats!).

Esteemed Contributor

I was up at midnight (CA) ad already six of my DD's items were sold out from the sale having started earlier in the week for the bigger spenders.  I grabbed the rest of her items and I was glad I grabbed them.  Three more were sold out by this morning.  Only two items I am interested in are actually available in our store.  How I miss the old days of this sale when it was really fabulous....you booked an appointment, they had special hours for those with appointments and you had the store to yourselves with a personal shopper.   But on the glass half full side of things, I saved a lot of money!

Trusted Contributor

I picked out a couple of things but am trying to justify buying them now. They really have good prices when they have this sale, and I always look forward to seeing what's in the book they send. 

Trusted Contributor

I got a Chantelle bra.  I try to get those during a sale.  Also, 2 of the 2 pack Barefoot Dreams cozy chic socks, Pendleton towels, and a pair of On Cloudflow shoes.

I looked at the Hydro Flasks but the smallest size they had was 24 oz and I wanted the 20.  They had very nice Herschel Supply backpacks at a great price, but I didn't need one.  Looked at the 2 pack of Anastasia brow wiz, but I just don't need a 2 pack.  I would have bought a Wacoal athletic bra but they didn't have my size in the color I wanted.  

They definitely had less items than in previous years, but better than last year.  Last year, I found absolutely nothing.