Respected Contributor

When asked by her kids why they didn't have an elf on the shelf, their Mom told them that only naughty kids have the elf. Makes sense to me.

Respected Contributor

Who's the Mean and Creepy one? Poor Elf..

Library Elf on the Shelf – Kenton County Public Library

Genius Elf on the Shelf ideas for Christmas 2020 the kids will love -  Liverpool Echo

24 Sanity-Saving Elf On The Shelf Ideas - SavvyMom

Trusted Contributor

If you are lucky enough to have a 6 year old great grandson that lives with you, you will find yourself with a huge smile on your face watching him climb out of bed and run downstairs each morning to see where his elf has landed during the night.  His delight is priceless.  Creepy?  Not to him, nor to this old lady.

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

If you are lucky enough to have a 6 year old great grandson that lives with you, you will find yourself with a huge smile on your face watching him climb out of bed and run downstairs each morning to see where his elf has landed during the night.  His delight is priceless.  Creepy?  Not to him, nor to this old lady.

They  land?   I guess I knew even less than I thought!  Smiley Very Happy

I'm glad some folks and kidlets like this and certainly do not begrudge anybody that. 

I'm just one of those people for whom dolls and clowns creep me out and this seems to fall in that category.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm glad the Elf on the Shelf thing wasn't going on when my kids were little. I just find him very CREEPY!! Yikes!

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Personally, if I were a child, I'd rather have a cute little elf in my home, knowing where he is, than a big, unseen bearded peeper spying on me so as to know when I'm awake, when I'm sleeping, and everything in between. I mean, where is this guy anyway? Peering through the  window? Hiding behind the bushes? Now that's creepy! Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

Isn't he cute! 

@MorningLover 

Did the mean lil' elf break the gold nutcracker's arm? He looks guilty.....

@KingstonsMom   And what is he hiding behind his hands.

I'm just sayin'.

@Cakers3 

Yep, he's hiding the missing arm in his, ahem.....lap.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

Isn't he cute! 

@MorningLover 

Did the mean lil' elf break the gold nutcracker's arm? He looks guilty.....

@KingstonsMom   And what is he hiding behind his hands.

I'm just sayin'.

Well, they are nutcrackers.  I was also curious as to what happened to the nutcracker's right arm.

I did not grow up with Elf on the Shelf and don't know when that became a thing.  But I do have two vintage elves that came from boxes of laundry detergent.

Elves.jpg

Those remind me of the Rice Krispies elves; Snap, Crackle and Pop, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

When asked by her kids why they didn't have an elf on the shelf, their Mom told them that only naughty kids have the elf. Makes sense to me.

@chessylady  I disagree with that tactic but that Mom can do as she sees fit for her kids regarding the elf.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Personally, if I were a child, I'd rather have a cute little elf in my home, knowing where he is, than a big, unseen bearded peeper spying on me so as to know when I'm awake, when I'm sleeping, and everything in between. I mean, where is this guy anyway? Peering through the  window? Hiding behind the bushes? Now that's creepy! Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

@SusieQ_2   Yes.  I know.  You have already indicated your dislike of Santa.

I liked Santa.   He brings the good stuff.  The elf is just a snitch.

You do you, though.  Certainly you heard of Santa as a child? 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh