Honored Contributor

Re: Non stop food shows.....

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

Maybe it just happens to be when I turn on the TV but it seems it is more food shows than anything.  They are selling candy, nuts, apples etc etc.......

I agree it's total overkill. Food food food everyday.  Nobody needs all that food even if it's the holidays and it's fattening stuff.  Then they will start with the Nurtrisystem, workout gear, etc after Jan1.  Vicious cycle.  I don't watch those shows.  

@Grouchomarx   It's tough enough to eat healthy the rest of the year and the holidays are temptation beyond resistance sometimes. I definitely don't need pounds of pigs in blankets in my freezer when I get hungry. 

Honored Contributor

What drives me crazy is everyone attempting to describe what that item taste like----good grief-- it is good or it is bad----I don't  watch those shows anymore and never order.

Super Contributor

They must be real moneymakers for the Q.  I used to enjoy them and have even ordered a few things, but in most cases the products are not as outstanding as they would have you believe and the cost is always ridiculous, especially for stuff you could make yourself for far less.  Convenience is expensive.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet wrote:

Maybe it just happens to be when I turn on the TV but it seems it is more food shows than anything.  They are selling candy, nuts, apples etc etc.......

This happens for every major holiday, every year  (i.e. Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day). But especially for the Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday season. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't worry about eating healthy at holiday meals.  I feel this is the time to let go, relax the rules a little bit, and indulge.  Anyone missing QVC healthy food options, just give it a little time.  Once the holidays are in our rear view mirror, on comes the healthy snacks, Nutrisystem, and exercise and work-out equipment.

Respected Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

Gt

@chiclet wrote:

I'm not sure of the point of your post. The affect is what

Just talking, making an observation, there is no point.  I turn Qvc on when there is nothing on the other channels I want to see and it seemed it was always food.  I dont buy food online so maybe that I why I noticed it more.  If you did not like the post just go to another one.  No need for a snarky remark. 

Regular Contributor

What needs to stop is the q card thing. Every presentation has hard sell for the q card.  Enough.