Honored Contributor

Re: Nomorerack is selling Cook's Essentials?

I have had quite a few pieces/sets of Cooks Essentials, and I consider it a mid line product, not the best, not the cheapest. The non stick does fail over time with heavy use, as they all do. The older stuff was much heavier with thicker bases.

The "lifetime warranty" doesn't mean much to me, as you have to pay to send the stuff back (expensive) and they replace it with whatever they have, so your sets are no longer matching, and the accessory pieces you have no longer fit/work (things like lids, steamer baskets etc.) For the price and expense, I now choose to just buy something else, since they aren't going to match. Cost comes out about the same, unless you are returning many pieces at one time. The turn around for replacement has taken quite awhile as well.

Respected Contributor

I have bought a few dutch ovens/stock pots YEARS ago...and even bought my grandmother one about 15 years ago (she has since passed) they called them then the European Pot Belly Pot lol..but they held up great..I think also the key to many is care.

I never put my pots and pans in the dishwasher and NEVER use metal utensils even if they say it is okay.

I am a bit aggravated at Ultrex from HSN. I have MANY pieces..you know the LIFE TIME WARRANTY?? Well they are chipped and peeling ..so not cool..

I wonder if I took the time to email HSN ..if they would stand by the products..I doubt it..the company went belly up but I still think they should honor and replace..either with the money back..or another line..

Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Marmalade said:

Well I just today saw a Technique Pressure Cooker too.

I own one and its the best pressure cooker

i have ever owned- bought one for my kids too...i will check it out- thanks!

Respected Contributor

On 2/6/2015 CouponQueen said:

I have bought a few dutch ovens/stock pots YEARS ago...and even bought my grandmother one about 15 years ago (she has since passed) they called them then the European Pot Belly Pot lol..but they held up great..I think also the key to many is care.

I never put my pots and pans in the dishwasher and NEVER use metal utensils even if they say it is okay.

I am a bit aggravated at Ultrex from HSN. I have MANY pieces..you know the LIFE TIME WARRANTY?? Well they are chipped and peeling ..so not cool..

I wonder if I took the time to email HSN ..if they would stand by the products..I doubt it..the company went belly up but I still think they should honor and replace..either with the money back..or another line..

Art Krull and Ultrex are gone with the wind, i fear, and the subject of lawsuits, as I recall- I too bought Ultrex, and actually it has held up very well from- I guess i am lucky-
If ou do get ahold of them, let us know- I have a lid that broke when i dropped it and though I have glued it together, would love a new one if I could buy one....