Respected Contributor

Re: Nominate: The Hottest Man People May Not Know

[ Edited ]

I hope I don't get flamed for this, but most of these men aren't Americans.  Are we losing our edge in this category too?  They're very good-looking, but some could use a shave and a haircut.  Men with long hair are not attractive, IMO.

An older, American attractive man that I would nominate is the blond police detective in When Calls The Heart who was seeing that woman who runs the restaurant until they had a falling out when she thought he was still married.  He plays a character who's smart and unconventional, so the actual actor might not be as attractive when he's playing himself, if that makes any sense.  I don't follow TV and movies extensively, as I consume mostly news, so I can't think of too many.  Anyone have some Made In The USA men to nominate?

Addendum:  The actor is Jack Wagner.  I found him on the show's web site.  His bio says he's been on soap operas, too, but I don't watch them.

Honored Contributor

Newman

Newman

Newman

Newman

Newman

Newman.  Better with age.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I agree @just bee!  One of the greats!

Trusted Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

I hope I don't get flamed for this, but most of these men aren't Americans.  Are we losing our edge in this category too?  They're very good-looking, but some could use a shave and a haircut.  Men with long hair are not attractive, IMO.

An older, American attractive man that I would nominate is the blonde police detective in When Calls The Heart who was seeing that woman who runs the restaurant until they had a falling out when she thought he was still married.  He plays a character who's smart and unconventional, so the actual actor might not be as attractive when he's playing himself, if that makese any sense.  I don't follow TV and movies extensively, as I consume mostly news, so I can't think of too many.  Anyone have some Made In The USA men to nominate?

I don't think the American guys have lost their edge.  Personally, I was just following the thread title to share someone you WOULDN'T know, so I think I just ended up choosing someone who really isn't known in this country.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

An older, American attractive man that I would nominate is the blonde police detective in When Calls The Heart who was seeing that woman who runs the restaurant until they had a falling out when she thought he was still married.  He plays a character who's smart and unconventional, so the actual actor might not be as attractive when he's playing himself, if that makese any sense.  I don't follow TV and movies extensively, as I consume mostly news, so I can't think of too many.  Anyone have some Made In The USA men to nominate?

Lee Pace

Lee Pace.  Born in Oklahoma in 1979.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

An older, American attractive man that I would nominate is the blond police detective in When Calls The Heart who was seeing that woman who runs the restaurant until they had a falling out when she thought he was still married.  He plays a character who's smart and unconventional, so the actual actor might not be as attractive when he's playing himself, if that makes any sense.  I don't follow TV and movies extensively, as I consume mostly news, so I can't think of too many.  Anyone have some Made In The USA men to nominate?

Addendum:  The actor is Jack Wagner.  I found him on the show's web site.  His bio says he's been on soap operas, too, but I don't watch them.

@Ms X

I've been thinking about your post and trying to come up with American hot guys.  Not easy, most I think of were in the past, like Harrison Ford or Paul Newman.

Who do you like that's around now?

I asked my daughter and she suggested the guy who plays Lucifer, but after that. I'm stumped.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 I suggested one in a post above, but other than that I can't think of anyone.  I follow news mostly.  I don't know where people came up with all these foreign actors, although some are featured on American TV, according to the info under their pictures.  I don't watch any prime-time shows on the networks, so I haven't seen them. 

Trusted Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

Some are, but the Norwegian in post 9 is NOT even close to being hot.

Honored Contributor

OMG, the actor, Tom Ellis is Welsh.

I am here to tell you, there are a lot of hot Welsh guys. 

Tom Ellis

Actor
Thomas John "Tom" Ellis is a Welsh actor from Cardiff, Wales, known for playing Dr. Oliver Cousins in the BBC One soap opera EastEnders and Detective Sergeant Sam Speed in a Life on Mars parody on The Catherine Tate Show.

Another is Welsh Actor Ioan Gruffodd who was the lead star of the American series about the MD who couldn't die.

Honored Contributor

@KALLIE wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

Some are, but the Norwegian in post 9 is NOT even close to being hot.

@KALLIE

You follow my posts in order to contradict whatever I say, so I suggest everyone take your opinion with a grain of salt.

FYI: the Norwegian has 249 thousand followers on FB.  Maybe he's just too young for you Smiley Happy