Esteemed Contributor

Re: Noir Hair....Lighten-up!

My natural hair color is dark brown but I went lighter by a couple of shades as I got older because I think our skin gets a little duller as we age and a slightly lighter shade gives a softer look.

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

She thinks David’s hair and Peter T Roth’s hair and Rachael B.’s hair color is too dark.

You must be the code breaker....LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Light, straw colored hair that clashes with skin tone is also distracting.  Just saying.

Trusted Contributor

@QVCalm wrote:
too Black, too severe, for TV? PTR, DV, RB I find it distracting; I think it's unflattering.

Not just tv. Too unnatural and unflattering for lighter eyebrows and older skin.  It's a very flat color when it's fake. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@QVCalm wrote:
too Black, too severe, for TV? PTR, DV, RB I find it distracting; I think it's unflattering.

Sometimes people have prejudices against hair color, etc. That doesn't mean anyone need change their hair color to accommodate them. Deal with it. Just sayin...

Honored Contributor

Noir hair.   Lol

Super Contributor

Thanks...my point; the camera/lights can make 'us' look hard.
Super Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

I'll give my interpretation.  Poster thinks P.T. Roth, David Venable, and RB (whoever that is,no clue) dark hair is distracting. 

People that are that easily distracted and become irritated need to limit  their TV viewing.

Gosh, I'm not irritated...just TV 'criticing' I'm sorry my post irritated you ...lighten-up.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCalm wrote:
Thanks...my point; the camera/lights can make 'us' look hard.

Naturally black hair has highlights (reflected light).  North light gives blue highlights. Studio lights, even with fill, produce highlights. Dyed black hair is dead. Nothing reflects onto it.