Respected Contributor

No worries....free exchanges...

What a joke.  It takes you 2 weeks to get anything now and I imagine 2 to 3 weeks for them to get the return and process and send you the new size.   Patience is not my finest quality.   If they were going to offer free exhanges they needed to set up a different system.  

Honored Contributor

Re: No worries....free exchanges...

I usually order 2 sizes and send back the one that doesn't work

ordered a bunch of stuff from Target on Sunday will arrive today

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet wrote:

What a joke.  It takes you 2 weeks to get anything now and I imagine 2 to 3 weeks for them to get the return and process and send you the new size.   Patience is not my finest quality.   If they were going to offer free exhanges they needed to set up a different system.  

@chiclet  Several times I've requested an EXCHANGE, knowing the size or color that I want is still in stock.  Instead, they've CREDITED, and not exchanged.   I've even written a note saying PLEASE EXCHANGE....  but no...   a credit was processed on the item returned.  Again,  the color/size showed to be in stock.  Their system or training is pretty awful.

Honored Contributor

If it's anything decent, chances are they won't have the item because it will have sold out on the first run.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

@chiclet  Several times I've requested an EXCHANGE, knowing the size or color that I want is still in stock.  Instead, they've CREDITED, and not exchanged.   I've even written a note saying PLEASE EXCHANGE....  but no...   a credit was processed and my item returned.  Again,  the color/size showed to be in stock.  Their system or training is pretty awful.

@nyc1  - I've read this happening many times to others.  I'm assuming the best way to get an item you want that shows in stock is to just order it directly - instead of risking not getting it with an exchange.  I know that's the costly way to do it.  The Q's free exchange system needs to be revamped. 

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

@chiclet  Several times I've requested an EXCHANGE, knowing the size or color that I want is still in stock.  Instead, they've CREDITED, and not exchanged.   I've even written a note saying PLEASE EXCHANGE....  but no...   a credit was processed on the item returned.  Again,  the color/size showed to be in stock.  Their system or training is pretty awful.

is the return system automated in some way? would explain this and why some people get stuff that is obviously used, or people don't care 

Trusted Contributor

I purchased an Anybody top that was sort of big, and I thought I might exchange for a smaller size.  I called customer service to discuss it, and asked how long an exchange would take.  She told me, "at least 3 weeks".  I thanked her for being honest, and kept the one that I originally ordered.  Some other retailers send out the new item, and credit the return when it arrives back to them.  I understand why QVC does not do this.  The return department must be overwhelmed, judging by how long credits take.

Respected Contributor

I returned a Logo top last week to exchange for a smaller size. I'm hoping to get it by Labor Day. Ha Ha

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't risk an item not being available with an exchange. 

Respected Contributor

The first time I tried to exchange a top I tried it their way and the size and color was out of stock by the time they processed the request. And it took weeks just for them to send an email that said sorry, you are out of luck. The next time I needed an exchange, I called CS the day a pair of pants arrived and asked them to send the smaller size and they agreed. I was credited my return when it was received and the exchange showed $0. But this was a courtesy, not the policy. This system might work for items that have no sizing or color issues, but then they wouldn't need to be exchanged in first place. 

Ordering two sizes and sending one back would secure the item before it's sold out, but I don't want to add $10-15 to the price of every top, shoe, or pant. For a special occasion item I would consider it, but not otherwise.

I think the exchange policy sounds good on paper and appears to be a perk for the customer, but the reality is that it is a clumsy system that takes way too long with too much probability of the replacement not being available.