Respected Contributor

Absolutely disgusting!

Honored Contributor

The murder of whales by the Japanese and the Washington State   Indian Tribes is no better....😡

QVC Customer Care
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

That is horrific!  I just understand how they can do that to such intelligent, magnificant creatures. Heartbreaking.  

Do the math.
Esteemed Contributor

This has got to be the most disgusting, heartbreaking practice I have ever heard of.  I just don't understand how human beings get a thrill out of hunting and killing beautiful, innocent animals that roam the land.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

I asked seriously why this was being allowed...and someone found it inappropriate?

I'll try again.  

Why is this being allowed?  It isn't to raise money for the government as environmentalists wanted to buy the permits and not use them but they were not allowed to.  Maybe it's government's effort to support the expedition operators?  That doesn't sound reasonable either.

Has anyone read the purpose of this?  Surely it isn't to control the population...is it?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: No words...

[ Edited ]

@DrytheI think it does hurt them. All the people who choose to participate in this live in a world where they believe the weak and vulnerable deserve to be exploited or destroyed. They can't be weak for even a moment or the people they surround themselves with will treat them the same way. (And everyone is weak eventually.)

I'd much rather be us than them. Heart

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I asked seriously why this was being allowed...and someone found it inappropriate?

I'll try again.  

Why is this being allowed?  It isn't to raise money for the government as environmentalists wanted to buy the permits and not use them but they were not allowed to.  Maybe it's government's effort to support the expedition operators?  That doesn't sound reasonable either.

Has anyone read the purpose of this?  Surely it isn't to control the population...is it?

Feel free to go destroy an elephant. You don't need an excuse. You can destroy a lot of beautiful things and no one can stop you. We all can. Yet only a few of us do. There are many good reasons so few of us do.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

I sometimes catch a herd of elephants on the earthcam Camp Kuzuma Cam in Chobe, Botswana. They are so beautiful.

I once saw about 20 around the water hole.  They were difficult to count because they kept moving.

I love Botswana.  I hate what they are doing now.

Heartbreaking.

Respected Contributor

BAFFLING / I hex awful things on those that BUY the rights to KILL those gorgeous animals.