Honored Contributor

I shopped this morning, and I noticed cleaning supplies and paper towels, while not gone, were very limited. What was gone was the frozen pies. I'm glad I'm making my own pie otherwise we would be out of luck.  Except for that it looked like there was plenty of turkey and fixens .  There was one can of redi whip , which I grabbed for my pumpkin pie.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

For Thanksgiving pies I always order from a local church here in my city.  A member back in the 1950's started it as a fund raiser for the church and it as grown from there.  They do in in September during Fair Week with a booth, pre-covid of course.  Wow are these still from scratch church lady pies delish.  Picking up 4 tomorrow.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I ordered two pies from my local farm market.  I'm supposed to pick them up Wednesday afternoon.  I ordered them with the thought that we'll go visit extended family but at this point we've changed our mind. 

It will just be me, DH and DS who will come in on Wednesday.  If it's only the three of us, I'll probably freeze one of the pies.

Respected Contributor

I always make a frozen Mrs. Smiths pumpkin pie and noticed there were very few available this year.  I  found one a few weeks ago and bought it.  Usually there are  plenty available but not this year.  Maybe production is down for some reason.   

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

For Thanksgiving pies I always order from a local church here in my city.  A member back in the 1950's started it as a fund raiser for the church and it as grown from there.  They do in in September during Fair Week with a booth, pre-covid of course.  Wow are these still from scratch church lady pies delish.  Picking up 4 tomorrow.

@beckyb1012 , Homemade is best, I'm lucky ,I was taught by my grandma, and she was the best.  I think many are intimidated by making the crust, plus the frozen saves a lot of time.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I went to Walmart early this morning and were out of a lot of things. A lot of  shelves for sure. Pet food ( at least what I wanted), paper goods and vitamins were on the empty side. 

Respected Contributor

I have a Walmart pickup scheduled in a few hours. So much was out of stock when I placed my order several days ago. Hoping the pie crust is available. Last thing I want to do is make it from scratch. 

Honored Contributor

I saw the Marie Callendars cherry pie last week and bought it just in case.  Last year I kept looking for the MC cherry pies and then they got a ton of them in at Kroger the last week before Thanksgiving.  I also made a special trip last week to pick up Sister Shubert rolls becuase the grandson said to make sure I had plenty.  Looked like they had just gotten a shipment in.  

Frequent Contributor

If you have the time to go again this week I'd try it. Stores were mobbed over the weekend so I passed.  My friend said everything was sold out.  I just got back and most items were back in stock or staff ran to the back to get them.  My fingers are crossed it works for all of you!

Respected Contributor

Doing something different this year.  Bought apple turnovers last week and put them in my freezer.  Will thaw them out, warm up and eat that as dessert.  Not really much of a dessert eater.

Enjoy your pies everyone!!!