Respected Contributor

Re: No one saw Jane get hit by falling debris?

Wow, I didn't see that!  The Q better check all of their equipment.  Glad no one was injured. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@corita wrote:

@Deree wrote:

Oh my goodness. That's not exactly what I would call a funny blooper. Not really a laughing matter even though she was laughing no doubt to keep the program moving along. They have to do that.  For the same reason I don't find America's Funniest Videos humorous at all when people fall or do stupid stunts that look like they hurt themselves. Not funny at all.

----------------

Well, finally someone that agrees with me about America's Funniest!!  I have never thought someone getting hurt by falling or a stupid stunt was funny!!  My family always makes fun of me when I cringe.....

I'm with you, too!    I never got laughing at somebody's misfortune.   I'm not talking specifically about the incident with JRT as, fortunately, she didn't get hit.

But I've seen so many people over the years that, if you fell down or something like that happened, they would laugh like it was hilarious as you get yourself up and re-situated.   What's that?    It just seems so mean to me to laugh at somebody getting hurt.

I slid out on some ice one time (ages ago) and went down on my back hard.  A bunch of us were walking from the parking lot into a place of business.   I remember one person laughing like it was so hilarious.  Really?  It hurt like heck and it could have been way worse than it ended up being, although it probably contributed, along with some other things, to my current back problems.   Nothing funny there.

I've seen this so much, not just with me getting hurt but with others and it doesn't matter who it is.  It's not funny.   It's kind of cruel really.

Respected Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Certainly QVC maintenance people will now remove the entire fan.  The hosts always claim how cold it is on set, why have it there in the first place.  Could have been a serious matter.

Not all hosts say it is cold on set. I have heard Jayne Brown and other hosts talk about their "personal summers" and she used to have a fan on set that was off to the side because she was hot. As a matter of fact they even showed the fan one morning I was watching her show.

Trusted Contributor

Thats crazy.  Thankful she was not hit.  She handled it well.

Esteemed Contributor

I happened to be watching just as the fan blade fell!!  It was quite a shock -- made a loud bang and really just missed Jane's head!  Have to give her props....she just went on with the show as if nothing happened!!  Very professional of her.....

Honored Contributor

I saw that, I knew it was a fan blade when I saw it laying on the table. Jane indeed was very lucky. Jane's a real pro, she didn't miss a beat.

Respected Contributor

What ? None of this is funny to me.

Honored Contributor

Those fins are lightwgt and probaby plastic praise God

Been horirble if  the whole fan metal and all got loose !

I sit under one too and always looking up hoping the guy that hung it

knew his job. LOL