Respected Contributor

Re: No need to wipe down food or packages according to FDA....

Well, I have to laugh a little here and say I think the statement is a little disingenuous, especially since they have not probably captured as many as a third of the population that has actually had the disease.  Many areas are still only able to test according to the 3 tiers of the CDC guidelines which means if you are under 65 have no underlying medical conditions,  or you aren't a health care provider of first responder, they are not testing you.  

Then given that a number of patients that have presented to the ER with severe respiratory distress, immediately intubated and placed on a ventilator the medical team is not asking questions as to where or how they think they contracted the disease.  I think they are far more concerned with saving the person's life.  And even if someone did ask them, they can't answer because they are intubated and on a ventilator.

So not much credibility  behind saying there hasn't been a reported case in a category in which they really have no specific information to base that opinion.

In all probability, I think the risk is fairly low but I will continue to wipe down the products brought in from the grocery.  I haven't ever washed fresh produce with soap, but I do scrub it with warm water.  I have always done that with no reason to stop now. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

Mixed up bleach spray today for my grocery run.  Used microfiber cloth with spray and it was efficient for wiping containers from store.  Much cheaper than wipes a d with larger cloth surface.

Contributor

Apparently I had been "hoarding" Lysol Spray.  Found some when rummaging thru all of our cabinets.  Big score these days and have been using it for the bottom of our shoes before coming back in the house and spraying packages.