Respected Contributor

No more auto delivery for me

I have cancelled all my auto delivery orders. They never tell me they're coming and then I can't cancel them once they ship. I always forget to check the ship dates. An email warining me would be nice but they don't do it.  I feel so much better, no more surprise orders. Not from QVC, HSN, Amazon, nobody. 

Honored Contributor

Re: No more auto delivery for me

I don’t have any auto deliveries anymore, but when I do order something from anywhere I put the date ordered and the estimated delivery date on a notepad on my fridge. I sign up for texts to track my packages but half the time the pkg arrives and the texts don’t notify me until after I already have received the order.
Regular Contributor

I agree..however I feel QVC gives me an email in time for me to cancel if I want...HSN once you get the email it's too late to make changes...   

Honored Contributor

I only have a couple of auto-deliveries left.  But I always get an email a couple of weeks before they’re due to ship.  I can edit that delivery at the time if I want.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
  • Thank you for the reminder!! Smiley Very Happy I sometimes change delivery dates as soon as I receive notification they're shipping soon. But this past time it was too late to change the timeframe for my IT kit. I think this is probably in line with QVC's updated systems where you can't change/cancel orders when they're early  'in process'.  I jsut cancelled the A/D!
Honored Contributor

I get notifications that I can make changes before they ship.  I always check once a month.  I also have them on my calender to notify me a week before.  Takes very little time to do.  I'm the one that ordered so I make sure to control my orders.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:
I don’t have any auto deliveries anymore, but when I do order something from anywhere I put the date ordered and the estimated delivery date on a notepad on my fridge. I sign up for texts to track my packages but half the time the pkg arrives and the texts don’t notify me until after I already have received the order.

@lovesrecess  I do the same thing! We currently have 6 auto deliveries...3 meats & 3 seafood/fish, and we are always pleased when the next shipment arrives.

Honored Contributor

I have a few auto,deliveries with Amazon.  I always get an e-mail reminding me when the item is coming and reminded that I can cancel or delay if I need to.

Also, I get Pet meds from Allivet  on auto delivery...never had a problem and always get reminders.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I never liked the idea of auto delivery, in all my years here; I only did one auto ship.  I always got an email advising me that it was approaching and that gave me time to defer cancel if I didn't need it.  

Trusted Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I have cancelled all my auto delivery orders. They never tell me they're coming and then I can't cancel them once they ship. I always forget to check the ship dates. An email warining me would be nice but they don't do it.  I feel so much better, no more surprise orders. Not from QVC, HSN, Amazon, nobody. 

Me too!  I really think auto delivery is an enticement I just don’t need.  I have just a couple things left on easy pay but after they are paid I am done.  I want to be debt free.