Esteemed Contributor

I grew up laying on my grandmothers floor and looking through her Sears Catalog. I loved doing that as a kid, especially the toys.

When I purchased my first house 18 years ago, I made sure to purchase my refrigerator, washer, and dryer from Sears. I still have those appliances, and have only had to have one small repair on the washing machine. 

The last time that I went to sears was almost two years ago to purchase a new battery for my car with a warranty, which I guess is worthless now.

The Sears in my area as well as the one by my job has closed.

Honored Contributor

Re: No more Sears

[ Edited ]

I didnt shop much at the Sears near our city but it closed about 5 years ago.   The Kmart in the same city there closed 3 years ago.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I don't even think about Kmart.  There's none near me but there are still stores in the state.  They don't advertise on TV and I think I don't get flyers because they are pretty far from us.  The Sears store near me is just a depressing shadow of what Sears once was.  There are restaurants  in the mall and we park on the Sears side and walk through Sears to get into the mall.  We do that because there are so few cars in that parking lot because Sears literally has no shoppers in it.  It's like ghost town.  I honestly wonder how it stays open and how much they are losing to shoplifters.  It would be so easy to come in, snatch a bunch of merchandise and drive off.  That side of the mall is so empty.