Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Buy from your local farmers. I haven't bought any of my produce, fruit, meat , pork or chicken from a grocery store in many, many years! There's never a shortage and its nothing but PURE food. Do a little research and take a visit to your locals, help the little guy while you're at it. 

You do know that there are many people in this country who don't have local farms or farmers or have no way to access them if they do? Do a little research?- that's rather insulting.

The entire premise of this post, that there isn't a shortage where the OP shops (in NYC)-same thing applies. In this country of all places, you cannot have what ends up being a myopic view. I don't mean that as an insult, it just is myopic to assume that everyone's situation is like yours. In a huge country, with countless variable factors.

@Greeneyedlady21, honestly, no I don't think this poster gets it.  She's in her own little world and thinks everyone else's is like her's.  And it's not only her.  It's another major problem with some people.  They live in a bubble.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Have D'Agonstino's send their email to Giant, because I'm telling you, they are definitely having a meat shortage, along with a shortage of pretty much everything else... Looks like this is going to be another localized problem and it appears, once again, my region drew the short straw...

Plenty of meat here so far, except Polish Loaf was on sale at the deli and it was all sold out Sunday!  Not really into meat, but did pick up # of hamburg. I was unable for the last two weeks to get half 'n half - plenty of flavored coffee creamers and only a few Redi-Whip was on stock.  Tried again yesterday and still no creamer for my coffee:  I really don't like the flavored stuff - too sweet for me.

Sorry so much trouble for everyone trying to get what's needed.  Weather wise - we supposed to get snow this weekend!  Yuck, Big Yuck.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb  Not everyone lives in a house with multiple refrigerators, freezers and cabinets. Many live in small apartments. Where would you keep all these extra foodstuffs? Everyone does what they have to do with what they have at home to store and what is available in their area. And taking a two hundred mile trip with no rest rooms open in our states is impossible. 

@proudlyfromNJ  I completley agree... I have one refigerator with a freezer and it's not a particularly large one... I have no capacity to add to it nor to obtain, at present, a larger model... Even if I could, it appears the most I could hope for right now is they'd leave the new fridge at my front door and it would be up to me to get it into my kitchen and get my old one out... Smiley Very Happy I'd add that I am completley fed up witht this supposed 'new normal' and if that makes me a 'whiner' then so the hell be it... Smiley Surprised

@stevieb, I'm pretty sure a new refrigerator would be delivered in a sterile box though.  It's all contactless.  And just plug that baby right in on the front porch and load it up.      

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb  Not everyone lives in a house with multiple refrigerators, freezers and cabinets. Many live in small apartments. Where would you keep all these extra foodstuffs? Everyone does what they have to do with what they have at home to store and what is available in their area. And taking a two hundred mile trip with no rest rooms open in our states is impossible. 

@proudlyfromNJ  I completley agree... I have one refigerator with a freezer and it's not a particularly large one... I have no capacity to add to it nor to obtain, at present, a larger model... Even if I could, it appears the most I could hope for right now is they'd leave the new fridge at my front door and it would be up to me to get it into my kitchen and get my old one out... Smiley Very Happy I'd add that I am completley fed up witht this supposed 'new normal' and if that makes me a 'whiner' then so the hell be it... Smiley Surprised

@stevieb, I'm pretty sure a new refrigerator would be delivered in a sterile box though.  It's all contactless.  And just plug that baby right in on the front porch and load it up.      

@Lipstickdiva  Yea, and then hire a security guard to monitor it !!  Smiley LOL

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

my problem with the original post of the email being posted on these boards  is it probably did create a meat shortage for customers who regularly shop there for groceries.

I don't post links of deals anywhere anymore because I think the regular customers should get opportunity first.  I know I have missed out on stuff because it was posted to the world on facebook before I even opened the email.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:
Got an email today from the local grocery chain (D’Agostino’s) to let us know that we have no meat shortage .. included a pic of the meat department.

I eat more fish than meat ... but it’s good to know there’s no current shortage.

(I’m on everyone’s email list!)

Maybe where you live, not where I live.

Esteemed Contributor

Went to Costco Tuesday and they gave a limit of 3 meat products. No chicken at all, but they did have all kinds of beef.

No cleaning products at Costco or either of the grocery stores I go to.

Trusted Contributor

I'm in La. and have gone to wm and sams and there has been no fresh chicken. The last time there wasn't even any frozen at sams. There has always been beef but the pork is missing sometimes. I'm always searching for chicken because that's what I cook for my chi chis. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

NYC is not like the rest of the country and it's not surprising it's easier to find items there that are harder to come by elsewhere.

Also, most people, I would guess, do not have local farms they can just zip over to and pick up some fresh chicken and meat.

Honored Contributor

Re: No meat shortage

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Have D'Agonstino's send their email to Giant, because I'm telling you, they are definitely having a meat shortage, along with a shortage of pretty much everything else... Looks like this is going to be another localized problem and it appears, once again, my region drew the short straw...

@steviebsame here.  I shopped Sunday and things were fine but someone I know went last night and said major shortage, price increases and limits.  Of course there is nothing to prevent someone from going today and buying the limit, going back tomorrow and buying the limit and on and on.

@Lipstickdiva  It's pretty bad here... I had an order yesterday from Peapod. What was delivered was less than half of what I ordered and no meat all all made the final cut, not even frozen seafood products or prepackaged lunch meat. This was the worst delivery I've had from them yet and the substitutions, which are generally reasonable, were awful. It seemed clear they were really scrambling to try to provide any semblence of what was ordered...  There were limits on the meats, but it didnt matter, because apparently nothing was available to send out in the way of chicken breasts, steak or ground beef... Nothing at all... I'm going to try a different store's delivery service to see if I fare better, but these shortages, other than meat, which is fairly new, have now been going on for so long and are not getting any better... In fact, it seems to be getting worse, and I don't see anything being done to address these supply chain issues...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...