Honored Contributor
Got an email today from the local grocery chain (D’Agostino’s) to let us know that we have no meat shortage .. included a pic of the meat department.

I eat more fish than meat ... but it’s good to know there’s no current shortage.

(I’m on everyone’s email list!)
Trusted Contributor

The grocery stores that I go to in suburban Minneapolis have limited choices (no whole chickens, less varieties of ground beef, etc.), as well as how much you are allowed to buy.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Have D'Agonstino's send their email to Giant, because I'm telling you, they are definitely having a meat shortage, along with a shortage of pretty much everything else... Looks like this is going to be another localized problem and it appears, once again, my region drew the short straw...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I haven't noticed any meat shortage. Our supermarkets are still having sales on good beef - we just got Porterhouse steaks for under $6 per lb, got a ton of pork roasts at Costco for $1.59 per lb and also a huge package of gr beef for under $4 per lb. Maybe there's a shortage because we bought so much, ha, ha. We do eat a lot of beef, pork and chicken.

Esteemed Contributor

I did grocery pick up today and got chicken, ground beef and lamb chops.  Cleaning products are in very very short supply.  

Honored Contributor

I am in NoCal  I don't eat meat, but my granddaughter shops for me now.  She says Costco, trader Joesand Nob Hill/Raleys are limited.  Only one meat item per person.  Costco has been doing this for a hike.  The local grocery store shelves are empty most of the week.  Monday this week we made a haul, and got everything I needed for the first time in 2 months.  Then , granddaughter went back to store today and shelves were bare

luck of the draw.

Honored Contributor

no meat, chicken, or pork last sunday at sams club.

today they had T BONES, which i purchased. i was looking for filets, but none again.

giant grocery store had limited choices last friday, but i found some meats i could work with. it has definitely given me some new ideas for dinners.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor
Our commissary is limiting meat purchases to two packages.
Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor
The grocery store here in AZ had oodles of Hillshire Farms kielbasa sausage and very little other meat. There were limited packages of preformed hamburger patties.
Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:
Got an email today from the local grocery chain (D’Agostino’s) to let us know that we have no meat shortage .. included a pic of the meat department.

I eat more fish than meat ... but it’s good to know there’s no current shortage.

(I’m on everyone’s email list!)

Love those veggies!

Love that meat!

So please, Mr. D'Agostino, move closer to meeeeeeee.