Respected Contributor

Re: No love for the gators ?

@151949 wrote:

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

One - a child fell into an enclosure where an endangered animal was kept in captivity 

One - an animal freely came into space that was allocated for safe use by humans

I'm unable to share the confusion over the two events.

One - the child didn't simplt fall into the enclosure - he climbed into there after saying he wanted to, and the animal was killed to save his life. 

two - the incident at Disney - water was posted no swimming and the parents were allowing him to be in the water anyway. It was absolutely NOT a designated safe area. Where were the parents while their child was wading in unsafe water that was posted no swimming? How far from them was he? What were they doing , since they were obviously NOT watching their child? It was 9PM so it was either dark or getting dark by then and the 2 year old child was wandering into the water away from the parents!!!! I'm sorry, but if I was on a jury - I would find these parents responsible. 5 alligators were killed and the child was already dead. A shame.

The dad of the little boy was close enough to try to save him. 

Your lack of compassion is not surprising.

Honored Contributor

The gorilla, did not crawl up and attacked the child, the child went to the gorilla,and they killed it, the little boy ,was attacked by the gator,and died, thousands of gators, no comparison at all.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

One - a child fell into an enclosure where an endangered animal was kept in captivity 

One - an animal freely came into space that was allocated for safe use by humans

One - the child didn't simplt fall into the enclosure - he climbed into there after saying he wanted to, and the animal was killed to save his life. 

two - the incident at Disney - water was posted no swimming and the parents were allowing him to be in the water anyway. It was absolutely NOT a designated safe area. Where were the parents while their child was wading in unsafe water that was posted no swimming? How far from them was he? What were they doing , since they were obviously NOT watching their child? It was 9PM so it was either dark or getting dark by then and the 2 year old child was wandering into the water away from the parents!!!! I'm sorry, but if I was on a jury - I would find these parents responsible. 5 alligators were killed and the child was already dead. A shame.

@151949

ITA ....  Florida is well known to have big bugs, water snakes and millions of alligators.     I also think the parents are guilty of neglect.

Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

I'm very grateful right now to possess compassion, empathy and a heart for my fellow humans.  

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

A child DIED. You people are going off about alligators?

In my opinion, those of you dealing with such confusion belong in a very special group all your own and I don't want ANY part of it.

Unbelievable.

Beyond that, if you've been to that location, it looks safe to walk along the waters' edge. There were NO signs about alligators, just don't swim. My kids and I have walked that same edge.. who knew? Not to mention the sh!ts that throw food down in order to entice the alligators to come up shore and to the buildings. The dad was alongside his son... I can't imagine the horror, the pain, the sight of his toddler going under that will be seared in his brain forever more.

Like I said, you people who are confused.... your mindset confuses ME. No; it disgusts me.

Could not agree more with you, it disgusts me also,op should be ashamed,and all others that agree with her,i have been there ,who would guess of this danger.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

In my opinion, those of you dealing with such confusion belong in a very special group all your own and I don't want ANY part of it.

Unbelievable.

Beyond that, if you've been to that location, it looks safe to walk along the waters' edge. There were NO signs about alligators, just don't swim. My kids and I have walked that same edge.. who knew? Not to mention the sh!ts that throw food down in order to entice the alligators to come up shore and to the buildings. The dad was alongside his son... I can't imagine the horror, the pain, the sight of his toddler going under that will be seared in his brain forever more.

Like I said, you people who are confused.... your mindset confuses ME. No; it disgusts me.

Could not agree more with you, it disgusts me also,op should be ashamed,and all others that agree with her,i have been there ,who would guess of this danger.

@goldensrbest    @SahmIam

No one is disputing that this is a real tragedy, but if the parents had obeyed all the No Swimming signs posted everywhere and not let a 2 year old just wander into water at night, the child would still be with us.  

You can't blame Disney for parental neglect.  Sorry you don't seem to understand that key point, but it's the truth.

Respected Contributor

I think the "no swimming" sign was comletely misleading.

Many people think no swimming means actually going out and submerging your body and swimming.  Wading on the beach is not really swimming.

There should have been a sign that sign do not enter the water or sit near the water because there may be alligators. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

ITA ....  Florida is well known to have big bugs, water snakes and millions of alligators.     I also think the parents are guilty of neglect.

The father was right there with the boy.  You sound like you think dad and son should have been velcroed together and in a cotton cocoon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

Unbelievable.

@goldensrbest    @SahmIam

No one is disputing that this is a real tragedy, but if the parents had obeyed all the No Swimming signs posted everywhere and not let a 2 year old just wander into water at night, the child would still be with us.  

You can't blame Disney for parental neglect.  Sorry you don't seem to understand that key point, but it's the truth.

Well, if parental "neglect" means being *with* the child, holding the child's hand and being within a foot of the child, who was NOT "swimming", which commonly describes people with their bodies in water up to the waist, several feet/yards from the shore...swimming. Not dipping toes in, not ankle-deep wading *attached* to a parent inches away.

The parent might be considered negligent/neglectful if he disregarded "No Wading" or "Danger - Wildlife/Alligators! Do Not Go in Water" signs and left a 2-year-old to his own devices 50 yards away - none of which was the case in this instance.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Wading and swimming are not interchangeable words.

I don't understand why people believe wading = swimming.

Wading is not swimming.

images.jpg

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____