Honored Contributor

No excitement over the new Cricut?

I'm surprised to not see any obvious signs of excitement over the new Cricut coming out next week. Looks like HSN is going to feature it several times during the day (Feb 12)

Sadly, I can't justify buying another Cricut, since I don't use my original one as much as I should. However, the new one sure looks awesome. Wonder how costly it will be?

New Contributor

Re: No excitement over the new Cricut?

Did you see that Anna Griffin is debuting the Explore? I was surprised that they were able to get a big name to lend credibility. Cricut has lost a lot of followers since they were sold, it will be interesting to see if they can turn it around. I am cheering for their success because I have a lot invested, too much to switch to a different machine.
Contributor

I have the silhouette and it sounds like its the same thing to me.

Respected Contributor

Can someone tell me more about the new Cricut coming out? I admit, I'm hesitant. Still mad that the Imagine was d/c...the one machine I have. I was thinking about getting the Expression 2 but have been waiting to see what Cricut would come out with next. Bumming about Feb 12, of course it's a day I can't tune in.

Honored Contributor

On 2/8/2014 ScrapHappy said:

Can someone tell me more about the new Cricut coming out? I admit, I'm hesitant. Still mad that the Imagine was d/c...the one machine I have. I was thinking about getting the Expression 2 but have been waiting to see what Cricut would come out with next. Bumming about Feb 12, of course it's a day I can't tune in.

Good Morning, ScrapHappy! Have you checked out Anna's Blogs? I believe there were 4 of them pertaining to the new Cricut. However, I have no idea of the pricing. According to the HSN on-line program guide, there appear to be several opportunities during the day on Wednesday when they'll be showing the new Cricut. Maybe you can catch one of them?

Respected Contributor

I used Google and YouTube to find the new Cricut Explore. Saw AG's presentation. It was short but at least I saw something. It looks like AG has teamed up with Cricut in a big way. The new machine seems to be more connected to a computer. I'm not sure I will like that. Wondering if I should just get the Expression 2? Was hoping they'd come out with an Expression 3? It's still exciting to see new stuff coming out though.

Respected Contributor

Just wanted to add.....been looking at anything I can find on the new Cricut Explore. In my search, I have come across a lot of posts about people who boycott Provo Craft/Cricut. Many people upset (to say the least) over what they call poor quality, lies, and bad customer service, etc. I was very surprised to read all that.

Contributor

My DIL wants the one they will sell the 12th. She said it connected to the computer.

Contributor

On 2/9/2014 ScrapHappy said:

I used Google and YouTube to find the new Cricut Explore. Saw AG's presentation. It was short but at least I saw something. It looks like AG has teamed up with Cricut in a big way. The new machine seems to be more connected to a computer. I'm not sure I will like that. Wondering if I should just get the Expression 2? Was hoping they'd come out with an Expression 3? It's still exciting to see new stuff coming out though.

Yes, the question of the day is: Can Anna Griffin single handedly save ProvoCraft?

Contributor

On 2/9/2014 ScrapHappy said:

Yes, the question of the day is: Can Anna Griffin single handedly save ProvoCraft?