Occasional Contributor

Re: No excitement over the new Cricut?

LOVE my Silhouette! Best money ever spent!
Respected Contributor

Don't forget there is a $10 monthly fee with this new machine. With the HSN bundle they're giving you the first three months free.

Honored Contributor

On 2/14/2014 ScrapHappy said:

Don't forget there is a $10 monthly fee with this new machine. With the HSN bundle they're giving you the first three months free.

I wondered about that, though I didn't hear much mention of it. Bummer. But I wasn't getting it anyway! I just hope Provo Cast is solid enough financially to continue to support this. Is that their only current product, I wonder?

Respected Contributor

For me, I am not that interested in the Explore. Mostly because it's connected to a computer and the $10 monthly fee. I'm pretty sure the Silhoutte doesn't charge a monthly fee. Provo Craft seems to have lost many of their loyal followers. Too many complaints after they ditched the Imagine, the run around when calling customer service to trouble shoot problems with their Cricut machine. Hope they can turn things around.

New Contributor

There is a lot of misunderstanding about the launch of the new Explore. First, you do not have to pay the subscription fee to use design studio. It is optional, you can finally buy single images for 99cents or use your own content. I have more than 200 carts and they have all been loaded, ready for me to sign in. I can use all of my content that I have linked to Cricut Craft Room and or my Gypsy. They are not eliminating cartridges, which we can continue to buy for our other machines. In fact the auto ship of the AG, are physical carts. And yes Silhouette does have an optional subscription service. But people obviously enjoy, because they slide right over the fact when they talk about print and cut and all of the cool things they do. I love all of my cricuts and each does something different, my favorite is my mini, which ties me to the computer, something I never wanted, but it has been fun learning CCR, (my 2013 resolution to make myself learn). So I am excited to try the new thing. I am hoping that the new owners of Cricut will recognize the importance of good customer service. But I heard a fellow crafter describe the launch of the new cricut, as no different than apple launching a the new iPhone. Which I chose not to buy, because my old one works just fine and I have no need for the new bells and whistle. You know crafters, we love the next best thing. Happy crafting.
Occasional Contributor

I, for one, am very excited about the new machine!!! I ordered it and I am counting down the days until it shows up on my doorstep. I was resistant about having to be hooked to a computer, but decided it was time for me to join in this technology laden future! Cutting SVG files will be completely new to me, but so far the videos have watched make it look easy and I look forward to trying! I have so much money invested into Cricut products so I have to believe that they will be moving forward in a great direction!

Jeanne

Highlighted
Contributor

I just got it set up this afternoon. So far I am loving it while learning it. I'm on my fourth project. I cannot say that for the first Cricut product that I got her on QVC when Lisa Bearnson demoed it. I never seemed to get the right blade depth or pressure. So far that has not happened with my Explore.

If you have it (or are still on the fence about it), I joined a Facebook group where the folks have been great about sharing their knowledge and photos of their creations. The group is Cricut Design Space and at https://www.facebook.com/groups/196395487237362/. BTW, someone from Cricut (Gena) was answering questions in that group the first day Design Space was live and that's how I learned Cricut CS is open today to help people get started.