Esteemed Contributor

Outside of going to a small grocery store outside of the closet town I haven't gone anywhere.

I had a prescription at the closet CVS to us. It's in the next county with usually quite a bit of traffic.

Normally my daughter would get it on her way home but is working from home now.  My son works for a company in the borough but he was off yesterday,

I went yesterday about 5:30pm. It was so bizarre to see no traffic. Of course there were a few cars but it was pretty much a ghost town.

Kind of shock when you don't get out often and finally see it firsthand.

Respected Contributor

Well, I (in some ways) hate to say this, but I love the no traffic! I have to go to dialysis twice a week and it only takes me a few minutes now to get there. 

Honored Contributor

I'm enjoying the lack of traffic.  Only the faint sound of an occasional semi on the highway 1/4 mile away. 

Honored Contributor

I wish I could say our traffic has lessened but every day I go to work, I see no difference.  Everyone is still out and about.

Respected Contributor

Even the traffic in our neighborhood is down considerably.  So many around us are furloughed or working from  home.  It is really quite, except on a warm day when the kids are out in the yards playing.  Otherwise it is nice to have quiet.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

There's quite a bit of traffic .....

download (6).jfif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I'm out everyday & noticed more people out too.. .the talk is the latest restrictions by the Governor were viewed as ridiculous & enough is enough. We'll see how it goes....

Honored Contributor

I noticed the difference three weeks ago and yesterday it seemed even more deserted. The other thing I have noticed is the lack of children anywhere.  I finally saw my next door neighbors son letting his dog out.  It is almost like a horror movie where the children have all been taken.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Chicago always has traffic..... snow today.... something like a 35 car pile up during rush hour.

Super Contributor

I was out briefly on Monday early afternoon and was very surprised at the traffic -- it was almost as heavy as it was before this all started.  And I noticed that the parking lots around businesses such as Walmart, Menards, etc. were almost full.  Business as usual.