Super Contributor

Same thing at Costco last Thursday in OKC.  No Charmin or Kirkland brand either. People are crazy.  

Honored Contributor

I've been having a hard time finding napking...

Valued Contributor

Re: No Toilet Paper Again

[ Edited ]

Scarlett O'Hara:  "As God is my witness, I'll never be without toilet paper again."

Respected Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

Scarlett O'Hara:  "As God is my witness, I'll never be without toilet paper again."

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

love it!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Walmart online and Amazon pretty much of the larger packages.  Some of Amazon's sellers are price gouging.  

Respected Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

I have ALWAYS kept a large stash of tp.  At the beginning of the pandemic, I bought a bidet bottle from Amazon.  Haven't had to use it, but it is an inexpensive fix in an emergency!

Honored Contributor

Big Lots always had TP in my city when other places didn't.

Honored Contributor

I have plenty of toilet paper, I live alone and was well stocked even before the pandemic ( when I had seen paper towels and toilet paper on sale I couldn't pass it up even if I didn't need them). I bought a four pack of Bounty paper towels ( I think they were the equivalent of eight rolls) for $12.00 which thought was kind of expensive.

Respected Contributor

It's not accurate to say "the hoarding is out of control" because no one knows what people are doing with the TP. "Hoarding" relates to the disposition of stuff, not its acquisition. Also, without knowing how well the shelves are being stocked in the first place, there's also no way to know whether the problem is excessive purchasing, short stock, or both.

I think people are generally ignoring cautions about gatherings on Thanksgiving, so they'd probably want to be prepared for the guests and relatives they've invited. For them, they need TP. For food prep, they probably want to have a lot of paper towels. I'd want to have paper towels in the guest bathrooom as well, not cloth guest towels. If the stores aren't getting supplied well in the first place, that would lead to shortages.

Once I see that stock is dwindling, I tend to become concerned unless I have a  good supply at home. Then I'll usually purchase up to the limit. I'm getting lower on paper towels and will start trying store brands I haven't sampled, just to have a few spare rolls on hand. I have 5 paper towel holders across 3 floors in my home, so while I use them slowly, I make no apologies for wanting backups for all of those sites.

Honored Contributor

Target by my house at 8 this morning.  

No paper towels at all.  Two 4 packs of Scott toilet paper. A few packs of Vulture brand, 5 maybe.

Empty shelf upon empty shelf.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?