Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I went to my Giant Grocery store this afternoon.  The shelves were super  stocked with paper towels and TP and cleaning supplies.  There was a limit on how many you could buy each day, but there was no shortage.  In fact both sides of the isle were stocked, where as only one side contained paper goods previously.

I didn't need any paper or cleaning products, so I passed them by.

@Carmie -not a paper towel to be had in my area of Atlanta.  Empty shelves.  Pretty much empty on toilet paper also.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I went to my close-by Walgreens today and they had TP available (thank goodness). Both Northern and Angel Soft in 8-roll packs ($4.99/pack) with a limit of 2 packs per customer. They also had plenty of generic brand names.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I went to my Giant Grocery store this afternoon.  The shelves were super  stocked with paper towels and TP and cleaning supplies.  There was a limit on how many you could buy each day, but there was no shortage.  In fact both sides of the isle were stocked, where as only one side contained paper goods previously.

@Carmie -not a paper towel to be had in my area of Atlanta.  Empty shelves.  Pretty much empty on toilet paper also.  

I wish I could send you some. I wonder why different areas of the country are short on some products while other areas aren't.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I wish I could send you some. I wonder why different areas of the country are short on some products while other areas aren't.

@Carmie -I have plenty of both for me.  I kept my supply levels high through the summer. I went out yesterday looking for tp for a friend and was able to piece together a few smaller packs for her. 

Honored Contributor

Re: No Toilet Paper Again

[ Edited ]

I had to go to Costco yesterday to get a couple of things that were sale items....the place has never been so crowded and I felt very vulnerable even with a mask on...didn’t stay long...got my two things and left....the tp and other paper products are in the back corner and I don’t think they had any tp...didn’t see a single shopping cart with any. I know Kroger was out but Walgreens has plenty...but they have jacked up the prices for tiny rolls. Also know that things like pantry staples and canned tuna, etc are going fast. People are panicking and I hate to see it, I stay stocked up so am not concerned....I can put a meal together no matter what I have on hand..,but paper products are another story. Kroger had no paper plates....why hoard those?

Honored Contributor

Re: No Toilet Paper Again

[ Edited ]

My WM must have gotten a truck -or three - in! I checked the app a few minutes ago and they have quite a few TP options in stock now. More importantly, my meat is in stock so I ordered groceries. Now to see what I actually get when I pick up tomorrow evening. They often sell them out of my cart by the time I get there. 

...stalking groceries online! My new hobby! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I did my grocery shopping this morning at 7:00. Large Publix store in metro Atlanta.  Here is the entire supply of toilet paper.  Rest of the long, long shelf was empty.  I bought two of these for a friend who is on the hunt.  2 was the limit. 

34FE4962-9CA8-450B-B919-1F9A3A61824D.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

i live in pa... i had a feeling this would happen again. i live alone and dont use alot.. but everytime i go to store i stock up.. i just went yest. and where i live we're ok. for now.. i got some more, now have like 13 rolls of tp. and like 10 rolls of paper towels.. and i struck gold 2 weeks ago when i finally found clorox wipes lol... i bought 2 big tubs of it..

Valued Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

Scarlett O'Hara:  "As God is my witness, I'll never be without toilet paper again."

Me again. 

The previous nonavailability of TP taught me what TP NOT to buy.   So when supplies were plentiful again a few months ago, I would occasionally (twice, actually) pick up an extra package of my preferred TP.  Also picked up PT although I don't have a preference on that.  Not a "hoard" but I think enough that I won't be in a panic to find decent TP.

I mean, TP is personal, right?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I picked up a few things early Saturday morning at my Meijer.  The only TP they had was Scott 1000 but had plenty of it.  I didn't really need any but picked up a 4-pack.  They had a limit of 2.

What I was most surprised about was finding Lysol spray.  I grabbed a can and I saw a lady coming up the aisle and her eyes bugged out when she saw it (mine probably did too when I saw it....LOL).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown