Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

If the news channels wouldn't keep harping on this, it wouldn't be so bad!  They do this every time!  

Have to agree,  some news caster sees an empty shelf and all of a sudden it becomes the lead story.  Even if half the shoppers pick up an extra pack the shelves will become empty.....seeing an empty shelf just breeds more fear then people pick up 2 extra.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

All the places that I've purchased paper products all say one per customer.  But by the end of the day....they are gone.  People get around this by buying one & coming back for another, or have family members buying. It has been over 2 weeks that I have not found any name brand paper towels.   On Amazon, it's just bazaar.  I saw 30 rolls Bounty (regular rolls) for $199.00 plus  $71.00 shipping!

Honored Contributor

I checked WM app a little bit ago and they had one brand of TP available, not a large package. I was checking to see if some meat they were out of Friday has come in yet. It hasn’t. I will stalk the app until it is in stock. I want my meat!

Honored Contributor

Publix had Charmin this morning. I bought one package of 8 but there wasn't a limit yet, however, Walmart has been out to days. 

Respected Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

I stocked up this summer so hopefully I’m set until spring. 

Me too.  I had a hard time finding any the end of March/beginning of April.  Finally got lucky and got a 30 pack in Costco.  I usually don't buy in bulk, but it was the only way to get any paper products.  Got stocked up with paper towels and Kleenex that trip too.   I figured this was going to happen again, so a month or so ago I replenished my stash.  Glad I did.

Honored Contributor

Back in March, I had two 20 packs of Scott tissue in the back of my truck and took it in for an oil change and a tune up.

I didn't take it out of the truck for a couple of days and realized then that someone at the service station helped themselves to 2 rolls.  

I was ticked.  I had been reading here mumblings about shortages and passed my vehicle that night and thinking that maybe I should pull in and take the packages out.  But I didn't.....

I put two rolls I had in the opened package and taped it shut with packing tape.  I still have that 20 pack.

I won't even go into what was taken from another truck being serviced the following week from the same exact service station.  I know!  Shame on me....

Anyways, what I'm not finding is Cascade Platinum in the little bucket---not the re-sealable envelopes.  

Respected Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

I stocked up this summer so hopefully I’m set until spring. 

"Stocking up"? That's the problem.

Respected Contributor

Must be a regional situation.  I just returned from my Kroeger and the shelves were full of just about every brand.

Honored Contributor

Re: No Toilet Paper Again

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Back in March, I had two 20 packs of Scott tissue in the back of my truck and took it in for an oil change and a tune up.

I didn't take it out of the truck for a couple of days and realized then that someone at the service station helped themselves to 2 rolls.  

I was ticked.  I had been reading here mumblings about shortages and passed my vehicle that night and thinking that maybe I should pull in and take the packages out.  But I didn't.....

I put two rolls I had in the opened package and taped it shut with packing tape.  I still have that 20 pack.

I won't even go into what was taken from another truck being serviced the following week from the same exact service station.  I know!  Shame on me....

Anyways, what I'm not finding is Cascade Platinum in the little bucket---not the re-sealable envelopes.  

@Lucky Charm - I ordered the bucket of Cascade Platinum from Costco online, some months back.  They still show it online, but it's the large bucket though.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I went to my Giant Grocery store this afternoon.  The shelves were super  stocked with paper towels and TP and cleaning supplies.  There was a limit on how many you could buy each day, but there was no shortage.  In fact both sides of the isle were stocked, where as only one side contained paper goods previously.

I didn't need any paper or cleaning products, so I passed them by.