Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@ScrapHappy 

I live alone in a small apartment and TP lasts a long time (I seem to say this about everything!). I usually buy a 12 pack when I am down to a couple rolls. I decided to buy a pack last week even though I had just opened the pack I had. I’d heard talk of hoarding coming... I’m glad I did!

When I saw this thread, I went to my WM app and all 3 toilet paper products I have saved as favorites were sold out. A search showed me all the toilet paper is sold out! 

Just proves what we already know - people never learn! I guess the people who bought a year’s worth earlier in the year are at it again. 

@willdob3 - I live alone.  You don't want to know how many rolls of tp I have.  But, I have always kept a really large supply.  Always. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

hsipf3n9scn41.jpgWoman LOL

@cactusgal -I love this, LOL. 

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh 

It's exactly where you live.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@gidgetgh 

It's exactly where you live.

@novamc1 -wonderful.

Honored Contributor

Breaking Bad Walter White GIF - BreakingBad WalterWhite Heisenberg -  Discover & Share GIFs

Breaking Bad Bbtp GIF by hero0fwar - Find & Share on GIPHY

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

hsipf3n9scn41.jpgWoman LOL

@cactusgal Woman Surprised

LOL  I've seen this series and if you have that much poo on your bum you will need a street sweeper for sure.  lmao

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@auntgranny  IF each of those people lived alone and they each bought the limited amount would they STILL be considered as Hoarding?  Why is a person peanalized for living in the same space as someone else?

Honored Contributor

Re: No Toilet Paper Again

[ Edited ]

Spent a fruitless day searching for paper towels.  None in Giants, none in Wegmans and none in the drug store.  Plenty of Toitlet paper though.  At Wegmans, all of the paper towels were gone.  Even the off brands.  the only thing there was a sign that said one to each customer.

Honored Contributor

If the news channels wouldn't keep harping on this, it wouldn't be so bad!  They do this every time!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

We went to Costco yesterday to pick up their large mushrooms and a few other things for Thanksgiving.  Before we even walked into the store, we saw they had a large easel with pictures of their "out of stock" items.  They were out toilet paper, paper towels, Lysol (no surprise there), and Clorox Wipes (figured that too).  They had photos of those items on large laminated cards with velcro.  I had never seen them do that before.  It made me panic for a second.

Luckily we are fully stocked.  I had posted a while back that we went to Costco in August and purchased our "Second Wave" stash.  We were able to get everything that we had a hard time finding the first time around.  It is all safely tucked away in bins in our garage.  I'm grateful that we were able to think ahead.  I wouldn't have done it, but I was afraid that people would start panic buying and flocking to the stores again when the second wave hit.  It's upsetting to not be able to find things like tp and paper towels.

Hopefully this is only temporary and you will be able to find what you need. The news has said that the stores will remain fully stocked if people stop hoarding everything.  It's the people causing the shortages, not the manufacturers.