Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

I just scored Angel Soft TP at Harris Teeter this am.  Went early for this reason.  They were out of paper towels though.

I hope you like the Angel Soft more than I did earlier this year when the husband brought some home.  Or, I should say Angel "Soft", as it's definitely not soft and it's unbelievably thin.

For years I was getting Cottonelle on AD at Amazon and several months ago they cancelled it and replaced my AD with Northern.  Both of those are nice, thick, and soft.   I don't know every brand but if people are looking around and see these two, I would recommend them highly.

I like seeing all the responses to see what other ones people like.  Smiley Happy   You never know when you may have to change brands again.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Newsflash!  If you're in need and your grocery store doesn't have it you might try your local Home Depot.  I was just in mine and they had a couple of pallets of a couple of different brands, one of them being Charmin Ultra Soft.  The packaging looked different, but I'm going by the words.  

I'm with the person who said they were in GA and their Gov. had no plans to start shutting things down.  I'm in AL and I don't think that's going to happen here either.  There's a Cinema right across the street from the Home Depot I went to and it's open.  And while cases are rising, it seems to be moving around the map as to which county is in what risk category, so really nothing to base it on.  

@Icegoddess, this is actually the best argument against relying on local numbers. Given the severity of this current surge, we have to expect that it can get out of control very quickly anywhere.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Newsflash!  If you're in need and your grocery store doesn't have it you might try your local Home Depot.  I was just in mine and they had a couple of pallets of a couple of different brands, one of them being Charmin Ultra Soft.  The packaging looked different, but I'm going by the words.  

I'm with the person who said they were in GA and their Gov. had no plans to start shutting things down.  I'm in AL and I don't think that's going to happen here either.  There's a Cinema right across the street from the Home Depot I went to and it's open.  And while cases are rising, it seems to be moving around the map as to which county is in what risk category, so really nothing to base it on.  

@Icegoddess, this is actually the best argument against relying on local numbers. Given the severity of this current surge, we have to expect that it can get out of control very quickly anywhere.

@suzyQ3 or go the other direction very quickly.  I just plan on doing what I've been doing all along which is pretty much go about my business and wear a mask. Besides, those numbers really aren't telling us much since the PCR test doesn't indicate whether the people are contagious or not. 

Honored Contributor

Re: No Toilet Paper Again

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@suzyQ3 or go the other direction very quickly.  I just plan on doing what I've been doing all along which is pretty much go about my business and wear a mask. Besides, those numbers really aren't telling us much since the PCR test doesn't indicate whether the people are contagious or not. 

@Icegoddess, I'm going to go by the assumption that if a person correctly tests positive, he or she in contagious and should quarantine.

My point really was that all locales need to be prepared with a plan.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those who don't think "numbers tells us much" about the virus spread, I heard this alarming news this a.m..............

Only one critical-care bed  is empty  in our  entire county, which is a heavily populated northern suburban area of Atlanta and certainly has its share of hospitals.

Also heard  sad desperation from health care workers who are watching a growing number of patients coming in and a growing number of deaths. 

The workers  are obviously emotionally and physically worn out, not to mention angry at the failure of some people to practice safe hygiene and social distancing.

I told my husband this morning that we sure better not get sick and try to get help at  our nearest hospital, which was one of those featured in the news report.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScrapHappy 

I live alone in a small apartment and TP lasts a long time (I seem to say this about everything!). I usually buy a 12 pack when I am down to a couple rolls. I decided to buy a pack last week even though I had just opened the pack I had. I’d heard talk of hoarding coming... I’m glad I did!

When I saw this thread, I went to my WM app and all 3 toilet paper products I have saved as favorites were sold out. A search showed me all the toilet paper is sold out! 

Just proves what we already know - people never learn! I guess the people who bought a year’s worth earlier in the year are at it again. 

Valued Contributor

hsipf3n9scn41.jpgWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

They're doing the no home delivery again too online. I like Scott and plumbers recommend it. Found some on the Staples site, hopefully I won't get the dreaded sold out email. They limited to two per customer.

I had some already, but it wasn't Scott.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

For those who don't think "numbers tells us much" about the virus spread, I heard this alarming news this a.m..............

Only one critical-care bed  is empty  in our  entire county, which is a heavily populated northern suburban area of Atlanta and certainly has its share of hospitals.

Also heard  sad desperation from health care workers who are watching a growing number of patients coming in and a growing number of deaths. 

The workers  are obviously emotionally and physically worn out, not to mention angry at the failure of some people to practice safe hygiene practices and social distancing.

I told my husband this morning that we sure better not sick and try to get help at  our nearest hospital, which was one of those featured in the news report.

@novamc1 - I am  north of Atlanta, in Marietta.  Where is the critical care shortage?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

DH and I went to WM yesterday and the paper section was fully stocked ( first time in 8 mths).  Decided to buy both TP and paper towels today and their supply was 95% gone.  I managed to get the last of the Bounty and Charmin.  Around here, you buy it if you see it ( one Safeway and WM only).  We are going to Phoenix tomorrow for three days so we shall see what we can or cannot buy; we're pretty well stocked with staples now.