Respected Contributor

Re: No Suspects in Murder of Jacqueline Avant

The man has previous felony convictions. He also shot himself in the foot with his own rifle. 

He was arrested in a Hollywood Hills home, and the LAPD alerted the BHPD.

We still need to hear the details. Innocent until proven guilty.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

If they actually broke IN through that glass door, would there be that much glass on the OUTSIDE?

@chickenbuttThe glass could have broken when the suspect shot from inside the house, meaning when he shot at Jacqueline Avant.

It would make no sense to shoot out the glass patio door to get in because of the noise.

It looks as though he went out through the patio door since the drapery is hanging outside

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Aariel Maynor is the suspect in the fatal shooting

" Maynor has an extensive criminal record and was out on parole, according to police. "

Honored Contributor

To those wondering about the position of the glass and the lack of "sound" - I can say as someone who had our home burgled in just this way:

There is no particular sound, when this type of glass breaks.  A punch is used on the glass mark and the glass just crumbles.  And that heavy curtain would've kept it from falling into the house.  (Hence all the glass on the ground outside.)

Regular glass makes a loud breaking sound when broken, but this will have been tempered glass, meant to crumble to prevent injury, if it breaks.  (Like the glass in your car windows.)

The only way to prevent this type of break in is to have laminated glass.  I learned the hard way.  (I had wanted laminated in our door and the double-glazing salesman convinced me tempered was safer.  NOT.  The police said we had done everything else right.)

Valued Contributor

I’m very glad to hear that a suspect is in custody so quickly for the sake of the family and the safety of the community at large.

It concerns me that suspicions and conspiracy theories begin to take hold in just a few hours before the public has the slightest idea of the fact pattern or circumstances involved. I understand that everyone has a right to their thoughts but innocent people can be smeared and unnecessary doubts can take hold that will linger forever.

Honored Contributor

@nevergivesup - Exactly.  Well said.