Honored Contributor

Re: No Queen at christening?

I am sure if she wanted, she could watch it on CCTV

Respected Contributor

I don't mean to be rude, but who cares? Why do normal people concern themselves with other people's business like this? It doesn't affect you in the least and sounds so gossip-y like you are implying something bad or scandalous that she's not attending.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

Nobody “needs” to be there except the baby and the godparents.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Wow...such an unnecessary response to an innocent post. 

Honored Contributor

TBH, if my grandmother were the Queen, I would work around her schedule for something like this.  That's just me though.Woman Very Happy

All grandparents and my great grandmother attended the baptisms of my children and extended family and friends were at the little gathering we had afterwards with food and drink.

Honored Contributor

Have they said who will be Archie's godparents?

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm  I see your point but most of us don't have official calendars that are set a year in advance. This would be especially in the case of Pinnce Charles, Camilla, Pince William and Kate. Maybe this is the only date that all of the parties could be there. And they usually hold the christening when the baby is around 2 monthss of age.