Honored Contributor

Re: No Queen at christening?

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's no mystery.  A christening is not such a big deal and she's almost 100 Years old.  It's obvious that she's handing over more and more of the duties to Charles and Camilla and to her grandsons.  She's in semi retirement and pacing herself as any woman who is 100 years old would.  She isn't a superwoman, she feels her age.  

If anybody would know and have all the facts it would be you!

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's no mystery.  A christening is not such a big deal and she's almost 100 Years old.  It's obvious that she's handing over more and more of the duties to Charles and Camilla and to her grandsons.  She's in semi retirement and pacing herself as any woman who is 100 years old would.  She isn't a superwoman, she feels her age.  

If anybody would know and have all the facts it would be youl.

That's true.  Thank you so much for recognizing it.

Respected Contributor

@Danky wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@shoekitty  The Queen still rides horses, a christening would hardly be a challenge for her. I expect William and Kate will attend.

Well, there’s riding and there’s ridingif ya know what I mean. 😉

I doubt she had to go catch her horse in the field, bring to the post, tie it, groom it, detangle its mane, pick its feet to get the dirt and manure out, lug a saddle and tack out of storage, put the pad on, throw the saddle up, position it, tighten the girth, fly spray it, use SWAT in certain areas for extra bug protection, tighten girth again, put fly bonnet on, put bridle on, jog horse in circle both ways, tighten girth one more time. Mount, ride down the trail, over rock piles, across streams, lope up hills, gait along the flats, bushwhack through woods. Return, put all tack away and give horse a bath, take it back to post, tie it, use sweat scraper to get excess water off,fly spray again, apply SWAT again, pick feet again, take it back to pasture, put fly mask on, close and chain gate. 

@occasionalrain , just kidding but I couldn’t resist! 😆. I do realize she is an excellent horsewoman as are many members of her family. 

OMG------ I have riding for the last 60 years... I have owned my own horses for over 50 years. Since I was a teenager, I have not done most of what you have mentioned and I'm not a queen !!!

@Danky , I’d love to talk about horsey stuff with you if you’d like! Also would love to hear about your experiences! I’ll post in the pet section. 😊 

Honored Contributor

I haven't read any articles yet about the christening.  Does anyone know if Doria will come back from the USA for it?  (I read she's left and the Susses' hired a nanny).

Respected Contributor

it's pretty much a tradition for the Queen to head to Scottland in July and stay until October.  it was up to the Sussexes to determine whether they wanted to do ithe ceremony while she would be at Balmoral.

it's hardly feasible to suggest that she wouldn't go due to being in her 90's.  one only had to see her in the Order of the Garter ceremony today -  in that heavy cape etc???  she was energetic,  smiling broadly and having a good old time! she has had a very heavy schedule the last weeks -  and shows no signs of letting up.

she is amazing.

Respected Contributor

Sorry if this has been stated, I didn't read all posts.

The queen is old!  She has something already scheduled.  The poor woman can't do everything.   Heck, I'm not going either and I'm younger!  LOL! 

Esteemed Contributor

The queen has an engagement that may have been scheduled before the baby was born.  If it's important to the "sussexes" for her to be there, they can change the date of the christening.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

It's not just the Queen who had to be cosidered when making. plans for the Baptism.  Harry's family had to be considered. Charles and Camilla, William and Kate all have busy schedules. Meghan's mom and all of the godparents need to be there.  I read that when William was in the process of compiling the guest list for his wedding the Queen asked him how the plans were going. He told her that he was having a problem with invitations for friends because most of the spots had been taken. She told him to tear up the formal list and start over with inviting his friends first. The queen is not above telling her grandson Harry go ahead with his plans. It doesn't have to revolve around her. 

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon 

What beautiful, majestic horses. 

Honored Contributor

I'm sure Charles and Camilla will share pictures and video with the Queen and Philip, lest they feel left-out.