Respected Contributor

Re: No Queen at christening?

@shoekitty wrote:

I think much of it has to do with the Queens age.  I really do.  I imagine they will have a celebration with the family she will attend.  I dont think Prince Phillip is feeling well either.  There will be a big to-do with the press, and I am sure the Queen is just letting the attention fall back from her.

not for one minute did I think there was anything wrong or the Queen was slighting Archie.  They can only do so much.  My Mom in her late 90's did not attend everything either because of sitting too long, or walking,   We didnt mind at all.

ETA. Also bathroom issues!  That was a biggie with my mom.  To sit through a baptisim, christening, wedding, graduation, etc ... was too hard.  

ShoeKitty I could be your Mom....glad you understand the problems of the elderly, so many children don't. Your positive comments are so refreshing!

Honored Contributor

It's no mystery.  A christening is not such a big deal and she's almost 100 Years old.  It's obvious that she's handing over more and more of the duties to Charles and Camilla and to her grandsons.  She's in semi retirement and pacing herself as any woman who is 100 years old would.  She isn't a superwoman, she feels her age.  

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@shoekitty  The Queen still rides horses, a christening would hardly be a challenge for her. I expect William and Kate will attend.

The Queen actually gave up riding her horses many years ago.  She rides in horse drawn carriages now.  Several of the British commentators made note of that during the recent Trooping celebration.  It's sad that people look for something that simply is not there.  She didn't attend Louis' christening or the christening of Anne's newest grandchild either.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I find it laughable  when some people claim they know exactly what is going on in the Royal Family. They are not insiders, just people who will stop at nothing ,and use any old excuse ,to attack someone they don't like

No one knows what condition the Queen, or Prince Phillip ,are actually in. They are remarkable for their age, but ,that doesn't mean they don't have to pace themselves on occasion.

Honored Contributor

If she has a previous enagement, she has a previous engagement.

I think the only people that should be concerned about it is the Queen.  She seem thrilled with her new great-grandchild.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369  so was Prince Phillip. I saw a picture of both Phillip and the Queen  meeting up with the little family at  some sort of   event  in the castle. The look of delight on both of their faces couldn't be denied, and Phillip was positively beaming

Honored Contributor

Image result for picture of the queen philip megan harry and archie
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@shoekitty  The Queen still rides horses, a christening would hardly be a challenge for her. I expect William and Kate will attend.

The Queen actually gave up riding her horses many years ago.  She rides in horse drawn carriages now.  Several of the British commentators made note of that during the recent Trooping celebration.  It's sad that people look for something that simply is not there.  She didn't attend Louis' christening or the christening of Anne's newest grandchild either.  

She still rides.  Granted; smaller horse, and with a companion, but she still rides.  This pic is from Town and Country (earlier this year):

Queen Elizabeth Riding

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri369 wrote:

If she has a previous enagement, she has a previous engagement.

I think the only people that should be concerned about it is the Queen.  She seem thrilled with her new great-grandchild.

Right! She's got a previous engagement. What's the big deal? Why must everything be turned into a conspiracy- the baby was born 2 weeks before the announcement, the Duchess wasn't actually pregnant. It's so bad that we now can't post a pic of a baby. A public figure. Other babies get ooooh'd and ahhh'd, but this one is different somehow.

ETA: Looking forward to seeing the lovely fashions at the christening! Check out the fashion forums that day. The ladies there always post some great pics!

Respected Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Well, there’s riding and there’s ridingif ya know what I mean. 😉

I doubt she had to go catch her horse in the field, bring to the post, tie it, groom it, detangle its mane, pick its feet to get the dirt and manure out, lug a saddle and tack out of storage, put the pad on, throw the saddle up, position it, tighten the girth, fly spray it, use SWAT in certain areas for extra bug protection, tighten girth again, put fly bonnet on, put bridle on, jog horse in circle both ways, tighten girth one more time. Mount, ride down the trail, over rock piles, across streams, lope up hills, gait along the flats, bushwhack through woods. Return, put all tack away and give horse a bath, take it back to post, tie it, use sweat scraper to get excess water off,fly spray again, apply SWAT again, pick feet again, take it back to pasture, put fly mask on, close and chain gate. 

@occasionalrain , just kidding but I couldn’t resist! 😆. I do realize she is an excellent horsewoman as are many members of her family. 

OMG------ I have riding for the last 60 years... I have owned my own horses for over 50 years. Since I was a teenager, I have not done most of what you have mentioned and I'm not a queen !!!