Honored Contributor

Re: No Queen at christening?

I never posted a picture...I don’t even know how to post a picture.
QVC Customer Care

@lovesrecess 

You did not post the picture...

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

Guess I never saw one. Thank you.
Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC  -  I'm the one who posted the picture of Harry and his son on Father's Day. I'm so sorry. I didn't realize there had been a previous thread. I didn't see a picture posted - and I thought it was cute, so I posted it. I need to pay more attention to previous threads!

QVC Customer Care

@beach-mom 

No problem!

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think much of it has to do with the Queens age.  I really do.  I imagine they will have a celebration with the family she will attend.  I dont think Prince Phillip is feeling well either.  There will be a big to-do with the press, and I am sure the Queen is just letting the attention fall back from her.

not for one minute did I think there was anything wrong or the Queen was slighting Archie.  They can only do so much.  My Mom in her late 90's did not attend everything either because of sitting too long, or walking,   We didnt mind at all.

ETA. Also bathroom issues!  That was a biggie with my mom.  To sit through a baptisim, christening, wedding, graduation, etc ... was too hard.  

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't think people would expect her to attend, especially since she missed Louis's.  

I have mixed feelings about about the Father's Day photo, but obviously they like it and that's what matters.

Honored Contributor

It was a lovely photo.  

I’m sure it is difficult for HRH, my Dad is 92, and tires easily.

Her absence is totally understandable.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@shoekitty  The Queen still rides horses, a christening would hardly be a challenge for her. I expect William and Kate will attend.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@shoekitty  The Queen still rides horses, a christening would hardly be a challenge for her. I expect William and Kate will attend.

Well, there’s riding and there’s ridingif ya know what I mean. 😉

I doubt she had to go catch her horse in the field, bring to the post, tie it, groom it, detangle its mane, pick its feet to get the dirt and manure out, lug a saddle and tack out of storage, put the pad on, throw the saddle up, position it, tighten the girth, fly spray it, use SWAT in certain areas for extra bug protection, tighten girth again, put fly bonnet on, put bridle on, jog horse in circle both ways, tighten girth one more time. Mount, ride down the trail, over rock piles, across streams, lope up hills, gait along the flats, bushwhack through woods. Return, put all tack away and give horse a bath, take it back to post, tie it, use sweat scraper to get excess water off,fly spray again, apply SWAT again, pick feet again, take it back to pasture, put fly mask on, close and chain gate. 

@occasionalrain , just kidding but I couldn’t resist! 😆. I do realize she is an excellent horsewoman as are many members of her family.