Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:
I bought some plants a few years ago from QVC. Cared for them like I was supposed to, but they did not do well. I only go to local garden stores now.

@Puppy Lips - Same for me.  I have exactly one hydrangea bush that's still alive, out of the things I ordered from Cottage Farms.

And I found their "guarantee" was rubbish.  I also now only buy from my local, reputable garden center, that stands behind its plants 100%.

Honored Contributor

I would never buy the cheap junk they are selling.... just go to big lots... much cheaper for yard junk.

Honored Contributor

Re: No QVC for me today!

[ Edited ]

I bought the beautiful Romantic Garden TSV rug in Natural.

Putting it out on my large patio.  But now I'll be able to define the sitting area much better.  It'll go under my two Bliss lounge chairs and bistro table.  

For me, the natural choice makes most sense because I can leave it out all year long.  The colors look serene now, but will also compliment the coloring of fall & winter leaves and snow.  

Honored Contributor

We'll let you know if you miss anything good.

Respected Contributor

I have beautiful flower gardens and love to look at them  It is not through my efforts tho.  Thanks to DH and his willingness to do the work of it and the green thumb he inherited from his mother. 

I woud love to still be able to help with the gardening but these days my contribution is appeciating them.  Due to age each year we have less and less flower beds.  At one time we had 27 clematis and now we are down to 5 (this was due to root rot), the rose garden now has only 4 actual roses and the rest is now annuals.  Lots of changes over the years.

We do still have alot of flowers but not nearly what we had in our younger years.  Several of the flower beds are now grass and not cultivated as flower beds anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

Woke up to 2" of snow, sleet and freezing rain. Another 2" tonight.

I can't watch! 😄

Contributor

I used to look forward to the garden shows but have found the quality of the items have definitely gone down hill - my opinion only!  They need to bring back the soap opera star Linda Dano - classy items - classy lady!!  Well made - the other items like Temptations need help! 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Putting it out on my large patio.  But now I'll be able to define the sitting area much better.  It'll go under my two Bliss lounge chairs and bistro table.  

For me, the natural choice makes most sense because I can leave it out all year long.  The colors look serene now, but will also compliment the coloring of fall & winter leaves and snow.  

@Caaareful Shopper Do these rugs get mold and gunk collecting under them?  I worory about washing them.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Just did an on-air check for today ... 

Living in a high-rise apartment in NYC - absolutely no interest in gardening.

QVC2 has one style show later today - but I won't be home at that time.

Bye!

@ALRATIBA   I can understand why you'd have no need for patio rugs or huge pots of petunias (or whatever).  You're exempt from Gardening Day. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper Do these rugs get mold and gunk collecting under them?  I worory about washing them.

@Sooner   I certainly hope not.  As with all outdoor rugs, I would rinse it down with a hose and let it & the ground/pavers/deck air dry, then lay it down again.