Honored Contributor

No Platinum Jubilee Barbie Queen Elizabeth II but I Received Two Tea Tins

Image 1 - Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee 2022 English Breakfast Tea Tin 40 Teabags

Driven to have a memento (or two) of Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee, I settled on two tea tins.  They were ordered on eBay from the U.K. on April 21 and arrived today.

Ages ago I mentioned on this forum that after my last surviving parent died, I had missed out on taking for my own a candy tin from QE II's coronation in 1953.   It was always in the kitchen's "junk drawer" (not a very ceremonious resting spot for a prized item, I agree), and so I saw it often throughout my lifetime.  I always had my eye on it.

Having lost that favorite tin, I was driven to buy a tin this time around.  No toffees this time but tea bags. 

Long live the Queen!

The 1953 tin was available last week but is no longer -- I bet it was snapped up in all this jubilee excitement.  The one available for purchase was in shabby condition, however.  Below is a smaller version of the tin that I so loved.

Image 1 - 1953 Small British Coronation Candy  Tin for Queen Elizabeth

Honored Contributor

Re: No Platinum Jubilee Barbie Queen Elizabeth II but I Received Two Tea Tins

@golding76 What a shame that you couldn't get the candy tin with the younger queen. The tea tins are very nice and out class that stupid "Barbie". Enjoy your treasures.

Honored Contributor

Re: No Platinum Jubilee Barbie Queen Elizabeth II but I Received Two Tea Tins

Thank you, Love my grandkids.  You are a lady of taste, and I thank you for putting my purchase in perspective.