Honored Contributor

Re: No Paper Products on the Shelves

@SharkE wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

All media driven. When Fox starts barking about '3rd wave' people go into Rambo mode and start stock piling for the 'end times'. People believe everything they hear on TV. Funny, really.

@SharkE 

It's definitely not just Fox.  NBC and many other news outlets have been beating the drum about a 3rd wave for a while now.

A third wave?? Did we have the second wave yet?  I must not be following the news closely enough!

yeah, that's what I thought too.  They just have to report on something other then politics. All the stores I go there's plenty of everything. Just wait as soon as they start showing old film of the first shortage making people think that's the current situation that will start the 2nd shortage then that will give them fresh footage.

I don't believe half of that bull. Reminds me of that song 'Dirty Laundry'. Bob Seeger think it was. YouTube

I think you misundertood @ValuSkr's point. And if you would actually look at the current numbers, you would understand the concern regarding the steep rise in cases.

@SharkE 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Here in South Texas--- 

Fully stocked named brand and store brand TP and paper towels....  Disinfectant wipes odd brands, plenty of bleach ......

@SpurtShelves were loaded with Lysol and Clorox wipes about a week or so ago.  Last week still Lysol and Clorox wipes, although not as many shelves were filled.

Of course restricted to 2.

I noticed that Scott TP was dwindling down but plenty of other brands.

Their paper towel brand was also getting down to one section but plenty of other brands.

I do see some odd brands for wipes, too, but there were not as many as the name brands.

All the wipes were the smaller size-the 35.

@Cakers3 

At my store Scott TP is pretty plentiful----but no Lysol or Clorox wipes, but the store my sister always has them and she calls me to see if I need any....she's already stocked up....

I sent in a complaint and asked why some HEB stores seem to have everything and some lack products. A guy from HEB Headquarters called me back, he said its all up to the Store Manager....and my sister's store has an EXCELLENT Manager but he added he wasnt going to bad mouth the other Managers...LOL!! I said all the other Managers need to follow that Manager's lead.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt   It's odd because DDIL found if she shops at one of the smaller stores she lucks out.  Probably so many at the PLUS stores thinking they will have better luck?

But we have had good luck at one of the PLUS stores ourselves.

Yet one time we tried a smaller store and it was not so good.

I guess it does all depend on a manager or whoever handles distribution.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

All media driven. When Fox starts barking about '3rd wave' people go into Rambo mode and start stock piling for the 'end times'. People believe everything they hear on TV. Funny, really.

@SharkE 

It's definitely not just Fox.  NBC and many other news outlets have been beating the drum about a 3rd wave for a while now.

A third wave?? Did we have the second wave yet?  I must not be following the news closely enough!

yeah, that's what I thought too.  They just have to report on something other then politics. All the stores I go there's plenty of everything. Just wait as soon as they start showing old film of the first shortage making people think that's the current situation that will start the 2nd shortage then that will give them fresh footage.

I don't believe half of that bull. Reminds me of that song 'Dirty Laundry'. Bob Seeger think it was. YouTube

I think you misundertood @ValuSkr's point. And if you would actually look at the current numbers, you would understand the concern regarding the steep rise in cases.

@SharkE 

@suzyQ3 

Not all areas our spiking, but they don't seem to be  reporting on parts of the country that are stabilizing and going down....Our county is steadily decreasing maybe a little over 100 cases on average, one day it was only 46 new cases........hardly any cases on ventilators....And I know every life is valued but only one death yesterday....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt   It's odd because DDIL found if she shops at one of the smaller stores she lucks out.  Probably so many at the PLUS stores thinking they will have better luck?

But we have had good luck at one of the PLUS stores ourselves.

Yet one time we tried a smaller store and it was not so good.

I guess it does all depend on a manager or whoever handles distribution.

@Cakers3 

I absolutely think it depends on the Manager because before the pandemic there were some stores in my area that always seemed to fail to stock their shelves and were always out of stuff....it was so frustrating ---- I found myself traveling to other stores to get things I needed. And some carry more store brands than national brands too....

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@SharkE 

@SharkE 

@suzyQ3 

Not all areas our spiking, but they don't seem to be  reporting on parts of the country that are stabilizing and going down....Our county is steadily decreasing maybe a little over 100 cases on average, one day it was only 46 new cases........hardly any cases on ventilators....

@Spurt, there are only five states that have declining cases as of today. My state of California is one of them. So obviously the bigger and more worrisome news is the alarming rise in at least 21 states and territories. The numbers is some states are the highest yet in the pandemic.

Please check out the national geographic site that sets it all out in an easy to read format.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@SharkE 

@SharkE 

@suzyQ3 

Not all areas our spiking, but they don't seem to be  reporting on parts of the country that are stabilizing and going down....Our county is steadily decreasing maybe a little over 100 cases on average, one day it was only 46 new cases........hardly any cases on ventilators....

@Spurt, there are only five states that have declining cases as of today. My state of California is one of them. So obviously the bigger and more worrisome news is the alarming rise in at least 21 states and territories. The numbers is some states are the highest yet in the pandemic.

Please check out the national geographic site that sets it all out in an easy to read format.

I messed up, @Spurt Cases are rising in 38 states and Washington, D.C., not just 21 states.

Super Contributor

I do not understand the hoarding.  NO EXCUSE!

Respected Contributor

I live in SE Florida, and after a long dearth, there are now plenty of paper towels and other paper products. 

I bought a bigger size (8 pack?) on sale just today.  It is a relief, as I am on my last roll.  I guess they've resumed delivering here.  Limits are enforced but I only needed one of these.

Respected Contributor

I know that there are shortages of paper products in some areas but thankfully not where I live. I went to Costco this morning and there is enough toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, hand sanitizers and face masks and shields to supply the entire town. Target has Clorox wipes and several other brands of disinfectant wipes but no Lysol spray. Wipes are convenient but not necessary if you have cleaning products, alcohol  and paper towels. I hope everyone has access to these items soon and  no one gets the idea that they need to start buying out the stores to avoid another shortage.