Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

There hasn't been a thread on the Paris incident at Notre Dame or the incident over in Australia.  Both tayhorism. 

Is this not to be mentioned here? 

I knew from watching and reading the news what happened in Paris today and also what happened in Orlando yesterday. I hope you're not suggesting that we receive our world news via The CC forum OP.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Tayhorism?

Goes along with how she spells religious...something like relijous😏

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The threads on world events always seem to lapse into something political.  What's to say other than to give our condolences? 

That's why I don't comment on the terrorist attacks, mass shootings, disasters, etc. Everyone feels bad about it, but there's nothing anyone can do about it.  Just about the only comments anyone can make besides the obvious ("How horrible! Praying for the victims & their families") are political. World events are invariaby political. To pretend they're not is disingenuous.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@tansy Deliberate mispelling because such things are usually frowned upon when written about. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde You make assumptions.  I mistakenly posted on another forum.  Human to make errors. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

The threads on world events always seem to lapse into something political.  What's to say other than to give our condolences? 

That's why I don't comment on the terrorist attacks, mass shootings, disasters, etc. Everyone feels bad about it, but there's nothing anyone can do about it.  Just about the only comments anyone can make besides the obvious ("How horrible! Praying for the victims & their families") are political. World events are invariaby political. To pretend they're not is disingenuous.

I know you meant posters, but unfortunately too many believe there is just nothing we can do about terrorism - other than not to say anything to offend them and to offer them unconditional love and acceptance.

Respected Contributor

Another attack in London - a woman attacked, beaten and stabbed by 3 women in the name of Allah.  

Honored Contributor

if you are following the news today, there was also a terrorist attack in iran. 12 people have been killed, many more injured......it happened in two different places.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I know you meant posters, but unfortunately too many believe there is just nothing we can do about terrorism - other than not to say anything to offend them and to offer them unconditional love and acceptance.

Well, there isn't literally anything "we" can do. "We" are individuals. "We" can't prevent an attack in another country, or most probably our own, unless we report a suspicious person and they turn out to have a bomb.

What governments do, or don't do, isn't "we" IMO. And I mean in this country as well, since "we" are split 50-50 on our ideology. What half of us might want done, or not done, is probably not what the other half would want done (or not) in the same manner. So no, I don't think individual citizens, even acting as part of a larger group, can do anything about the worldwide situation except bemoan it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all