Esteemed Contributor

Re: No Jail Time for Varsity Blues Parents?

[ Edited ]

It's unlikely that Bella Giannulli would have been admitted to USC on her own merits but yeah, who knows?  Olivia too.

198. In an e-mail on or about July 24, 2016, CW-1 advised GIANNULLI that his older
daughter’s academic qualifications were at or just below the “low end” of USC’s admission
standards. Thereafter, the GIANNULLIS agreed with CW-1 to use bribes to facilitate her
admission to USC as a recruited crew coxswain, even though she did not row competitively or
otherwise participate in crew.

Trusted Contributor

Personally instead of a fine that goes who knows where, I'd have all of the schools admit however many kids they normally do with a scholorship and then add two more for each parent charged and have those parents pay the tuition for those extra students. All four years with housing, books, food and fees.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not buying the victimless crime. There is a person who did not get in because there are only so many slots. The person took a slot that took away someone who earned it didn’t get. Do we know the face of that person? No but that isn’t necessary.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Isn't Felicity Huffman being sentenced today?

Esteemed Contributor

IN COURT NOW.  STAY TUNED.  SHOULD BE REPORTED SOON.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The sentencing is forthcoming...they are in the courtroom now and pre-sentencing guidelines are being given. I think most people are anxious to see if Huffman will be made an example by getting a harsh sentence, or will she be given what many will think is a slap on the wrist. Either sentence will be polarizing.

The judge will decide the sentence, not a jury. Questions...did her daughter ever go to tutoring or an SAT prep course for math? If she had no luck bringing up Her math scores, whey didn’t she apply to a school with lower score requirements? Doesn’t mean the school is a lesser place, it just means she could get in without her mother breaking the law. Smh

Honored Contributor

Hey! I paid for my daughter to get her Masters at Georgetown. I have nieces and son-in-law to go to these universities in California. My niece is a professor at that same college she tried to get into. Tell them what it took ( money) to go there and the hours they studied to get in! Talk to the kids that were turned down ( only accept so many)! No crime? Are you kidding? It’s the law! If we don’t follow our laws why bother doing anything. They’ll never go to jail but I’d like for them to wear ankle monitors and be house bound. They need to “ feel some kind of pain” like us average joes! If anyone else kid that our butts would be in jail!
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

IN COURT NOW.  STAY TUNED.  SHOULD BE REPORTED SOON.

@Johnnyeager.  Thank you for all your updates. You always present the facts calmly and to the point.

Esteemed Contributor

I should put in my prediction now.....One Month House Arrest!

Honored Contributor

My prediction is a hefty fine, and Community Service, somehow tied to her crime.......