Honored Contributor

No Donuts at Dunkin’ Donuts?

I hadn't eaten all day and decided to stop at DD to get a donut and tea while I was running errands. I stopped at a pretty popular one and went inside to order.

The manager came out from the back and apologized they were out! She said they were making more. And she apologized again.  I told her please not to worry about it and that it was good for her business that people liked to stop there. I stood for a minute and looked at the empty trays. There were only two twisted ones left. 

That's a first for me!  Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: No Donuts at Dunkin’ Donuts?

This doesn't surprise me due to the ongoing news of labor shortages.

Respected Contributor

There are plenty of donuts at all of the Dunkin Donuts where we live. No shortage of workers either. Maybe it was just a very busy day, with kids out of school, and people taking the day off. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

We had a dozen today in our office. 

Honored Contributor

My guess is they sold out today due to holiday travelers taking breaks, and boxes being sold for family get togethers this weekend.     

Honored Contributor

My local DD doesn't make donuts at the store, the donuts are trucked in.

Their customer service is awful

I gave up years ago.

There are a few locally owned bakeries making fresh donuts every day.

I prefer to give my money to the locals.

Honored Contributor

I can also see that the last day before a holiday, people were buying donuts to take into work.  My husband used to drive to Crispy Creme for donuts for me and him to take to work. Always a crowd pleaser.

Honored Contributor

I rarely go there, especially now with only drive-up service (I'd rather walk in, it's easier to communicate with the employees that way.).  But my impression is that they tend to run out of donuts in the afternoon - of certain types, at least.  It's as if they do all their baking in the early morning, and when donuts are gone, they're gone!  (where have I heard that before)

Esteemed Contributor

Have been seeing Help wanted signs  at numerous businesses in my area . Must be some kind of worker shortage .  Signs all summer and even now .

I received a card in the mail from a local hospital offering me a $20,000 sign in bonus as they  had a  critical care nurse shortage .

Honored Contributor

What a timely post!  DH took a road trip this week and I was so excited to see a Dunkin Donuts.  I remember it fondly from my years in NY, but we didn't have one in California.  We parked the car, walked to the entrance only to be greeted with a sign that said, "Drive Up Only".  Nevermind.. we got back into the car and left. 

~ house cat ~