Respected Contributor

Re: No Donuts at Dunkin’ Donuts?

House_cat, why did you leave???  I love drive-throughs.

But mainly, I wish we had a Dunkin' Donuts.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom  Unfortunately they're not called Dunkin' Donuts anymore. They're just called DUNKIN'. If you find fresh donuts, consider yourself lucky. They're a coffee shop now and have been for a while. Now I rely on a local doughnut shop for a selection of these fresh treats. It's a bummer and I miss their selection, too. 

Honored Contributor

Was there a Krispy Kreme near?  I think they are far better than Dunkin.  I know people are in love with Dunkin and I just don't get it.  I think they are mediocre, at best.  Sorry you had the bad experience though!  I am having similar experiences at a lot of places.  It gets frustrating. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

We haven't been there in years but yesterday they sent coupons.

This morning decided to go & treat ourselves to breakfast for holiday.

At 8:30am the donut shelves were "slim picking" and no muffins or bagels.  The drive up window must have had 20 cars lined up..

we decided we'd try again next week on way to his DR appts.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like it time to make the donuts!

Trusted Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

What a timely post!  DH took a road trip this week and I was so excited to see a Dunkin Donuts.  I remember it fondly from my years in NY, but we didn't have one in California.  We parked the car, walked to the entrance only to be greeted with a sign that said, "Drive Up Only".  Nevermind.. we got back into the car and left. 

This happens at all the Starbucks around here a lot lately. Not a big deal I just use the drive-through. I always order through the app even when I am sitting in the drive thru. That way I don't have to talk to them about my order verbally. I say mobile order when I get to the speaker. It's so much easier.

Trusted Contributor

The stores here are now called Dunkin. No donuts in the name, so figured they were going to do more coffee and other snacks like Starbucks. 

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@software wrote:

My local DD doesn't make donuts at the store, the donuts are trucked in.

Their customer service is awful

I gave up years ago.

There are a few locally owned bakeries making fresh donuts every day.

I prefer to give my money to the locals.

The one near me is DD on one side and Baskin Robbins on the other. Sort of a double whammy, but I think the donuts are trucked in as well. They never seem fresh. I rarely stop there anymore unless I'm in the mood for something from Baskin Robbins, which isn't often. For donuts, there's a Krispy Kreme close by and their donuts are better anyway, on those rare occasions when I have donuts. As for DD, they seem to have expanded into sandwiches and so forth, maybe that's cutting into their donut operation. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...