Trusted Contributor

Re: No April Fool Jokes at the Back Fence

On our way home. I have to rest up. Three 3 year olds have a lot of energy Hope you're doing better freddie
Respected Contributor

Betty, oh my goodness - was this trip to Florida a very short one or are my memory cells just not working any too well. I did wonder how you would manage with all those kids there. LOL.

Did get the bird feeders filled up but it sure took all my energy - my goodness but I hope I get rid of these bugs super fast.

Am going to try and make it to visit another church tomorrow - am still so sad that the church I thought was just perfect has gone completely bananas. Such a sad story!!!! Anyway, am trying out another church and this time I hope I make the correct service.

Quite chilly today but we needed it - that heat was unbearable and of course it was laced with humidity. Way too hot way too early.

Hope all are fine. Queen Sue, we are all thinking of you and continue to wish you the very best. Our best also to Jim - he is indeed a tower of strength.

Respected Contributor

I did make it to the correct service yesterday - it was very good. I just miss the church I was so happy in - things constantly in an uproar there and I am guessing it will not return to being a safe haven for many. By that I mean you cannot enter now and completely be relaxed. They have totally stripped everything for a complete makeover. That church was breathtakingly beautiful already - cannot imagine why that would be done. And the cost will be astronomical. I understand the church the new pastor CAME FROM is footing the bill for the makeover. Have never heard of such a thing - sure raises my antennas. Lot of money involved. The original church building which is used for a lot of things was completely redone about 2 years ago and was gorgeous - it was done by the ladyfriend of the pastor who retired last June. Now why on earth would they strip all of that - it was gorgeous. Weird!

Betty, now that you are safe and sound at home I hope you are getting some rest from your Florida vacation. Little ones can sure keep you jumping.

Queen Sue, hope you are feeling better.

Have a great day everyone - am still working on trying to regain some energy. Still difficult to get some chores done. Sigh.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Fencers - I awoke to snow on the ground this morning. In full disclosure, it's clinging to the grass mostly. Two days ago I think we reached 77 degrees. Forget about the smart eating habits - I'm leaving donuts today (lol).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

I'll take a donut. We had snow this morning too. We thought we had brought Florida weather back with us since it was 70degrees on Sunday Back to the deep freeze we went. I've been doing laundry. The home we rented had a washer and dryer but with so many kids I just washed necessary stuff while we were there. Hope everyone is staying well
Honored Contributor

Hello there Back Fencers - it's overcast, cool and drizzling. It always seems to rain on Good Friday and I for one, find it appropriate. I know, I'm a weirdo. I am going to brunch at my eldest sister's house on Sunday. I asked her what she'd like me to bring and she said a relish tray. I just got home from shopping. I bought sweet pickles, dill pickles, mild banana peppers, hot jalapeno peppers, green olives with pimento and black pitted olives. Of course, I took the longest time finding a serving vessel for all of this. It's not like I have one at home so I agonized for 30 minutes looking for something that was different and attractive. I settled on a shallow blue leaf shaped bowl. It's made of bamboo and corn powder and is biodegradable. You can top rack dishwash it - you can't use it in a microwave. Plus it looks like something I will actually use again in my own home.

I'm hanging up some eggs at the back fence. They are artificial and stuffed with candies.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!! Pretty darn warm today and tomorrow it is suppose to be even warmer. Took Davey's little Kitty to get it's Rabies shots - only 3 months late but then a lot of people do not even get those shots for kitties. Now they were suppose to remind me since I had given them all the paperwork for her other shots. She is also overdue for being spayed but will have to worry about that later. Please tell me why people do not shoulder their own responsibilities - I agreed to get it done but THEY were suppose to remind me.

Anyway, left the Vets and went to San BErnardino to pick up Tessa, Davey and their Mom and brought them back to help get some really needy yard work done. Seems I can easily sit down and cut out some of the weeds but it is way too much up and down for me - they all did a good job but it is really getting difficult to get Davey to help much. Goodness he use to be so helpful and has gotten quite the opposite. Anyway, bought them food to eat and ran a couple errands, took them ALL back to San Bernardino and got back home about a half hour ago - that was a good two plus hours later than this old woman had wanted everything done. WEll things do not work the way I want them very often anyway.

Shortly I need to call and remind the lady I am picking up for church tomorrow when to be ready. LOL. Then we are hoping to find a restaurant after church that we can get into. The good thing is that Easter is not a BIG eat out day for many people - keep your fingers crossed we are lucky.

Hope all have a marvelous Easter - Queen Sue am thinking about you - and everyone else of course.

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Hope all had a great Easter - Queen Sue how are you feeling. Nice Easter Message Bird Mama

Respected Contributor

Darn it - sure miss everyone and it is no fun talking to myself. Sure wish all our Fencers would come back, sit down and chat - always enjoy that.

Stripes was a bad boy last night - kept checking but he did NOT show up until after daylight this morning. I sure worry about him but finally have figured I cannot change him. I must admit, however, he has been a super good boy for quite a spell now. That independence and free spirit simply drives him but I know deep down, he prefers the good life he has here - he just has to show off sometimes I guess. Yep, he is fast asleep on the sofa in the living room. LOL.

Hope all have a great day - am leaving some cinnamon and raisin bagels and cream cheese - come on by and help me eat some.