Super Contributor

Does anyone have one? Do you like it? I am thinking about one versus a Toyota Corolla/ i have driven Toyotas for 30 years!

Update 

i chose a 2016 Toyota Corolla new with 18 miles and an awesome price!!

Contributor

I have a 2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback. I bought it in 2008 and I absolutely love it! I've had a couple of minor problems but one ended up being a recall. I would hope the new ones would be even better but yes, best car I've ever had.

Honored Contributor

Re: Nissan Versa

[ Edited ]

The Versa isn't as "nice" a car (as expensive) as a Corolla, so you might not be happy with it, build-wise.

I have test-driven Nissans in the past and have driven a Sentra, which is more on par price and feature-wise with a Corolla. I've never been impressed with them, they "feel tinny" to me or have aspects that make me not comfortable driving them.

I have had two Hyundai Elantras, and love both of them. They are a lot of bang for the buck. I've had friends and family members buy multiples like I have, because they were so impressed with mine. You might want to test drive an Elantra, a Sonata, or the similar Kias, since the Kia engine is the same as the Hyundai's.

I have driven Corollas twice in the past 2 years and they were fine, but nothing about them knocked my socks off as compared to the Elantra, so my 2016 new purchase is another Elantra.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

consumer reports don't rate them as high as the corolla.

Esteemed Contributor

I know two people that own Versas and they hate them.  They said they're nothing but junk.  To me it's a no brainer buy the corolla. 

Respected Contributor

IMO, I'd stick with what I know.  I heard reviews for Versus not too good.  I did rent a Corolla for a week and thought it was a great car.  We owned two Subaru's, a Legacy sedan (10 yrs) and an Outback wagon (10 yrs).  I also owned  a Volvo 240 Wagon for 12 yrs.  We handed down the Outback to our son, who drove it for another 2 yrs., and he got the Volvo after that and drove it for another few years.  I recommend both Subaru and Volvo highly.  I now drive an Audi Quattro, which I love and recommend highly as well.  Good luck with your decision and choice.

Honored Contributor

I bought a brand new 2013 Versa with all the bells and whistles and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! I haven't had any problems at all and I've been up and down the East Coast since I bought it.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Regular Contributor

i have not owned either car so i cant say much.  i do love cars though so i will put in my 2 cents.  My husband has a Nissan Frontier which he loves. we have never owned a Toyota but i do know there are not to many cars that have better reliability.  i personally think either car would be great, i do think the toyota will last longer though.  The Corolla starts at $18k and the Versa Note (hatchback) starts around $15k.  depending on options.  i think the new corolla is very nice looking as well.  The nissan has way more cargo space though if that is important to you.

Image result for 2017 toyota corolla

Respected Contributor

Re: Nissan Versa

[ Edited ]

I have only had Nissans - my Nissan Sentra sedan, which was the bottom of the line years ago, was fantastic for me and lasted 18 years. It would have lasted longer, but I felt it was time for a new car. I checked out the Versa sedan, which is the bottom of the Nissan line today, but sadly, it was not up to par in terms of features, so I went with the Sentra. Like @Moonchilde said, the Versa sedan would not be comparable to the Corolla sedan. The Sentra sedan would. 

Esteemed Contributor

Why aren't you considering the Toyota Prius( a hybrid like Versus).  We are on our second Prius (total 335k miles so far) and I can't say enough about reliability (and gas savings).