Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Nine west filing for bankruptcy

It was on the noon news here today. Another good company down the tubes!

Honored Contributor

Re: Nine west filing for bankruptcy

What a shame. I like their shoes. Good, dependable brand.

Honored Contributor

The Q sells Nine West shoes and bags. Wonder if they will be going away, too.

Honored Contributor

CNBC:

Nine West nears bankruptcy with plan to sell footwear brand: sources
  • Fashion footwear company Nine West Holdings Inc intends to file for bankruptcy with a plan to sell its intellectual property to Authentic Brands Group, according to people familiar with the matter.
  • The proceeds from the sale will pay down some of Nine West's approximate $1.5 billion in debt.
You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

CNBC:

• Fashion footwear company Nine West Holdings Inc intends to file for bankruptcy with a plan to sell its intellectual property to Authentic Brands Group, according to people familiar with the matter.
  • The proceeds from the sale will pay down some of Nine West's approximate $1.5 billion in debt.

Thank you for providing useful information and a source @JaneMarple

It wasn’t clear in the OP. 

Honored Contributor

I heard today thst Nine West was the creation of Vince Camuto.  Whether or not he still has an interest in the company, I don't know.  The story was about him selling his huge, multi million dollar mansion.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I doubt Vince Camuto has interest in his "worldly" mansion. He passed away in 2015. 

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

CNBC:

@JaneMarple

thanks for that information. ABG is a pretty big group. some of their brands include shaq, aeropostale, juicy couture, tapout, jones new york, misook, spyder, and a bunch of other celebrity brands.

interesting timing. there are currently 71 nine west items on qvc and the brand is their weekly special also.

Weekly Special Value™

Enjoy 30% off the QVC Price & Easy Pay® on all Nine West styles! This online-only offer is good thru 4/8 or while supplies last.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The founders Fisher, and Vince Camuto both died, but i am sure everyone knows that.  Fisher  around 2015, and camuto last year, I think. I think the Camuto part of nine W. has taken over some of the old nine W. stuff!  Anyway, they were both pretty active in the company.  I think Nine West had great shoes!  They were always on trend,  trendy timeless...and well made to boot!  Yes, a hidden pun....they made the best boots!!  I think they gave great quality for the price. It is sad for some of these companies to go, but I'm sure many companies will take there place in the fashion industry .

Personally  for me, the loss of some of these great leaders in the fashion industry really hurts all of us.  . I think they take with them some of the high standards that are being lost today for the sake of money.   There is great great fashion today. Some great designers but so little quality that some of us were used to. I remember when the standard was a 2 1/2 inch hem and  at least a quarter inch seam on the inside, I remember when darts were common and zippers actually worked right,but things change. At least today's fashion,even though  it isn't constructed quite as well, has fabrics that last forever. Certainly longer than the stitching! LOL. 

Honored Contributor

When I was in the rat race, 99.9% of my shoes came from Nine West and/or Enzios.  Their leather was creamy butter soft.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif