Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nine robocalls in one day. A new record.

@Mindy D wrote:

Today,I have received nine robocalls in one day. This is a new record. My landline can not be changed to add Caller ID so that one of those robocall identifiers can be used. Nine is a lot. Most are repeats of the same calls I've been getting for months. 

I also have a landline and get 5 to 10 SCAM or Robocalls a day. I never answer the phone so they go on my answering machine. Most of the time, no one leaves a message. But - I have to keep deleting the phone numbers from my phone as the nuimber of calls flashes on the answering machine. Some days, it really gets on my nerves. Most are the same area code as mine - and the first digit of the phone numbers are 2 or 3. Most of the names on the caller ID are female names.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Mindy D  "My landline can not be changed to add Caller ID"

confused.gif

@Mz iMac @My landline from AT & T is being phased out. The company does not let subscribers add caller ID as a service with it. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Robo calls - aren't they fun??? So entertaining, one right after the other. Sit down and WHOOp they're it is another one, hang up, sit down or get back to making  those meatballs in the kitchen and WHAT????????????????????? yes there it is again.

Some days my phone does not ring at all, other days honestly every FIVE MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And no they are not all different, some are the same over and over and over and over....you get the drift.

What ever happened to that Do Not Call list - well this obviously and apparently does not work. The gov't stepping in to do something for all of us in the stopping of robo calls - whenever they want to put this into affect well that too would be good.

Robo calls will never end for any of us, don't know what the trick is to stop them but if anyone can figure this out PLEASE let the rest of us in of this secret!

Honored Contributor

For some reason, mine have dropped down sharply.  It's now one a day. I never got a lot.  At it's peak, maybe 3 or 4. I'm glad about  the decline.  I never give my cell phone number to companies. My cell phone is only for personal use.  Zero robo calls on my cell phone. 

Valued Contributor

@Mindy D @That still does not make sense.  Unplug your phone and get a new one from QVC or Costco or anyone and plug it in.  Where do you live?  In a city or in a rural area?