Honored Contributor

Nine robocalls in one day. A new record.

[ Edited ]

Today,I have received nine robocalls in one day. This is a new record. My landline can not be changed to add Caller ID so that one of those robocall identifiers can be used. Nine is a lot. Most are repeats of the same calls I've been getting for months. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nine robocalls in one day. A new record.

If you have to keep it, can you just unplug it?

A smartphone totally solves this.  You can set it to only accept known numbers and all others are muted until you block them.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   I was getting lots of spam calls on my home phone, too.  I had Caller ID and blocked all of the spam calls.  I finally got so exasperated that I unplugged my home phone and told friends to all call me on my cell phone only.  Most of them did anyway.  I check Voice Mail every few days, and so far I haven't had any messages.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

The best purchase I've ever made from QVC was the call blocker machine.  If it is a spam, robocall, or just a call I don't want, I block the number and they can never call us again.  If they try it only rings once so we know that a number we previously blocked was trying to call again.  It came with 1500 of the most popular "junk" numbers already blocked and we have 1500 more numbers that we can block on our own. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LuvmyLab wrote:

The best purchase I've ever made from QVC was the call blocker machine.  If it is a spam, robocall, or just a call I don't want, I block the number and they can never call us again.  If they try it only rings once so we know that a number we previously blocked was trying to call again.  It came with 1500 of the most popular "junk" numbers already blocked and we have 1500 more numbers that we can block on our own. 

I have a CallBlocker thingee and there's one relentless #$%& robocaller who just won't give up. It's the same number, everyday at about the same time each day.  I even reported it to the DoNotCall dot gov site. The caller claims to be from Directv and is offering too-good-to-be-true programming.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

If you have to keep it, can you just unplug it?

A smartphone totally solves this.  You can set it to only accept known numbers and all others are muted until you block them.

@Still Raining @That's what I've been doing. Just didn't do so today,

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D   Around September I turned the ringer off on my landline phone and turned off the answering machine.  The calls were ridiculous 15 to 20 times a day, almost all political.  I let Comcast handle all the calls. The name of the caller shows on the tv so I know who's calling.  The only messages left were to ask if I wanted to renew the warranty on my car, it's a 15 year old car!!

Hopefully after tomorrow is over I can undo all this.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I feel your pain. I have been assaultrd for the last 23 hours by unwanted calls. Yes, I use nomorobo and I have a call blocker from QVC.  However, a call came in at 9:50 last evening and this morning at not quite 8:00 a.m.  I do not answer, but I have a 94 year old mother who lives a few blocks away, who often needs help or just gets confused. So, I cannot just disconnect my phones. I initially pay attention to every call as it comes in.  Things have been strangely quiet for the last hour.

Respected Contributor

So annoying, and sometimes at odd hours, heart-stopping; you think there must have been a tragedy in the family and someone is calling to inform you of the situation.  Many months ago I saw a news story about how our government had an answer to the problem and soon all the nonsensical robo calls would stop.  That never happened.  I think all Americans would be pleased at the group, party, government agency that could help us with this annoying and time-wasting problem. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D  "My landline can not be changed to add Caller ID"

confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif