Honored Contributor

Re: Nicky Hilton Rothschild's Pregnancy Style

Comparing and judging pregnant women, what a way to spend time.

Every woman should be themselves without caring what others think, that is a PRIVILEGE that costs nothing and has nothing to do with fame or money. What a waste of life to cowtow to that.
"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:
Comparing and judging pregnant women, what a way to spend time.

Every woman should be themselves without caring what others think, that is a PRIVILEGE that costs nothing and has nothing to do with fame or money. What a waste of life to cowtow to that.

@Greeneyedlady21 couldn't agree more.  What started as a thread complimenting one woman ended up with half the posts bashing another.

Honored Contributor

It seems to me....that in today's world.... it's about dramatizing just about everything. It's "here I am....look at me". I'm wondering whatever happened to modesty and discretion....which... to me  .... is more becoming and more classy.  

Trusted Contributor

One thing's for sure, she didn't become a self-made billionaire by kowtowing to the opions and sensibilities of women three times her age.

voguerihanna120422v1.avif

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

One thing's for sure, she didn't become a self-made billionaire by kowtowing to the opions and sensibilities of women three times her age.

I think she looks like a Queen!

I love her pregnancy style and that she makes no apologies. People should be able to be who they want, regardless of financial status. It's just clothes and Rihanna wears them well. Or not Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Love to Run Many of us who are much older than Rhianna were taught discretion and modesty.  Still, we played around a little with our clothing.

Rhianna is a beautiful woman and I'm not running her down but, the book I live by talks about not drawing attention to ourselves and instead of saying, "here I am" what about "there you are".  I find it a much better option to show some modesty for anyone.

Women love to show off their bodies especially if it's a shapely one.   I know, when I was young, I did it in the 60's. I was rather taken with my blossoming figure. They were called  "hot pants". Add to that the bare midriff I wore with them and, yes, it drew a lot of attention...and not necessarily the right kind. After a couple of instances, my brain kicked in and I decided it was not wise. So, yes, I am getting old but hopefully a little wiser than I was....waaay back then!  I do wish Rhianna a healthy baby and a happy life. May God bless them both.      

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Sure beats a long, tight tee shirt over yoga pants.

Or Rihanna's style with the belly exposed.

Indeed, there is a difference between class and classless!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JamandBread wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

I think she looks like a Queen!

I love her pregnancy style and that she makes no apologies. People should be able to be who they want, regardless of financial status. It's just clothes and Rihanna wears them well. Or not Smiley Wink

To each his own opinion...Rihanna is a beautiiful woman, but this image is neither attractive or classy!!

Trusted Contributor

@jubilant I'm confident in the wisdom of the next generation that's refusing to police other women's bodies.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love to Run "@jubilant I'm confident in the wisdom of the next generation that's refusing to police other women's bodies."

I agree with you.  I don't know who Rihanna is hurting by dressing the way she does.  As far as the older generation is concerned, regarding good taste, all you have to do is see old sixties documentaries and you will see pregnant women exposing their bellies with flowers and other sixties comments painted on their bare bellies.  Exposed pregnant bellies have been around for decades.