Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,021
Registered: ‎12-22-2013

Re: Nick Cordero's wife asking for mega prayers


@esmerelda wrote:

I also sincerely hope he recovers. 

Question...how do so many here know about him having it?  And another celebrity who died of it recently didn't surprise someone here because they knew he had it.  Is there a website that lists celebs who have it?  That some here subscribe to?

 

I have been watching Good Morning America and they have been giving updates.  


 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 22,121
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Nick Cordero's wife asking for mega prayers


@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Just curious. Have any of you had a talk  with your  significant other about what your wishes are if you say were in the situation that Nick is in?  Would  you want to have done anything and everything like Nick has been through to MAYBE have a normal like IF he pulls  though? Or would you rather not?

 

I think it is a very important discussion.  My husband and I had It.  

 

I told him I would NOT want to be kept BARELY alive...lose a leg...have heart problems and holes in my lungs....  to take me off the ventilator...let nature take its course.

 

my husband said he WOULD want to continue fighting...no matter what.

 

 

 

 


I want to be frozen and then reanimated with bigger girls. That is my wish.  


@germanshepherdlove   How big😜

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,637
Registered: ‎05-13-2010

Re: Nick Cordero's wife asking for mega prayers

I certainly pray for him.  It sounds just dreadful.

 

I have read so many similar stories in the NYT and Wapo--they give so much detail about the struggles of both celebs and regular people.

 

Every time I am tempted to take a chance I think of those stories.  This Covid is the devil.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,183
Registered: ‎10-26-2010

Re: Nick Cordero's wife asking for mega prayers

I've also been following this story.  That poor man has been through the ringer for sure...and the baby they have...if he doesn't make it, that baby will never know his father.

He's been fighting for so long, I hope he can pull through and will pray big time for him and his family!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,132
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Nick Cordero's wife asking for mega prayers


@KKJ wrote:

I too have been following his health battle and when I read this thread I thought Oh no, has he taken a turn for the worse?  Thought he was on the road to recovery, albeit slowly.  Last I read his wife said he's awake but is too weak to even open his eyes. Continued prayers!


@KKJ 

Actually, he has taken a turn for the worse, according to his wife. It was on the news today. They said she hadn't specified exactly what was wrong. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,132
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Nick Cordero's wife asking for mega prayers


@esmerelda wrote:

I also sincerely hope he recovers. 

Question...how do so many here know about him having it?  And another celebrity who died of it recently didn't surprise someone here because they knew he had it.  Is there a website that lists celebs who have it?  That some here subscribe to?


@esmerelda 

I've seen this on national news broadcasts on TV. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,132
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Nick Cordero's wife asking for mega prayers


@Cats3000 wrote:

I've read about him.  It's truly sad.  There's something else going on with him besides the virus. Maybe he had tremendous underlying health conditions that have contributed to his problems


@Cats3000 

From what I've read, he was a healthy 41 year old. This is what the virus does to some people.  That's why there are so many deaths.  The fact that this man was healthy is why he has been hanging on for so long. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,132
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Nick Cordero's wife asking for mega prayers


@beach-mom wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

So young, just 41. I can't believe all the medical stuff that has happened to him from the virus.

 

@esmerelda, I've read about his situation in the Los Angeles Times and on Huff. I think that it has probably been in most news outlets. Given everything that he's through. From Huff:

 

Cordero, 41, had his right leg amputated last month because of blood clots, and he has endured septic shock, two “mini strokes,” kidney dialysis, and the insertion of a temporary pacemaker, his wife said.


Oh my God. The poor man!

 

Apparently the blood clots and strokes are very common in those 18 and up. That must be what happened to the 26-yr. old man who died around here early in the pandemic days. I've heard of it happening to others in this age range. A young social worker where DS lives passed away after being in and out of the hospital. They first told her back in March to go home to fight it because she was young. She lived by herself and her boyfriend found her on the kitchen floor.  (DS didn't know her.) Neither one had any pre-existing conditions. The paper here listed the young guy's reason for catching it as "community spread." So sad. 

 

I've been following and praying for Amanda and Nick. 


 


@beach-mom 

Your son lives in New Orleans, doesn't he?  I remember that sad case here, early in the pandemic. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,776
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Nick Cordero's wife asking for mega prayers


@shoesnbags wrote:


@beach-mom 

Your son lives in New Orleans, doesn't he?  I remember that sad case here, early in the pandemic. 


He does @shoesnbags ! TY for remembering! Graduated last year from Tulane. Stayed down to do research at the school, and now he's out of work. He wants to stay because he loves it there. It's just hard for me being so far away from him and not knowing for the first time because of all of this when he will be able to come home again . Smiley Sad

 

Hope you and your loved ones are doing well. It looks like things are getting a little better down there. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor
Posts: 794
Registered: ‎04-20-2020

Re: Nick Cordero's wife asking for mega prayers

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Just curious. Have any of you had a talk  with your  significant other about what your wishes are if you say were in the situation that Nick is in?  Would  you want to have done anything and everything like Nick has been through to MAYBE have a normal like IF he pulls  though? Or would you rather not?

 

I think it is a very important discussion.  My husband and I had It.  

 

I told him I would NOT want to be kept BARELY alive...lose a leg...have heart problems and holes in my lungs....  to take me off the ventilator...let nature take its course.

 

my husband said he WOULD want to continue fighting...no matter what.

 

 

 

 


I want to be frozen and then reanimated with bigger girls. That is my wish.  


@germanshepherdlove   How big😜


Woman Very Happy Woman Very HappyWoman Very Happy  Well, I don't want to excite the guys who post....so......not sayin. @SeaMaiden