Valued Contributor

Re: Nick Cordero's wife asking for mega prayers

Such a sad story.  His body seems to be shutting down.  I saw him on Broadway in Bullets over Broadway.  BROADWAY will it ever be what we remembered it as.  Hope so.

Trusted Contributor

Bless him! He's certainly had a nightmarish struggle, with this illness! 

Prayers for him and his family. He has to be an incredible fighter! 

Esteemed Contributor

Only know from hearing about him on the morning shows and following his

very sad journey. He and his wife have a young baby. I sure hope the best

for him also.

download (1).jpg

Honored Contributor

So young, just 41. I can't believe all the medical stuff that has happened to him from the virus.

@esmerelda, I've read about his situation in the Los Angeles Times and on Huff. I think that it has probably been in most news outlets. Given everything that he's through. From Huff:

Cordero, 41, had his right leg amputated last month because of blood clots, and he has endured septic shock, two “mini strokes,” kidney dialysis, and the insertion of a temporary pacemaker, his wife said.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

It's shocking.  I just can't believe it either.  Praying my heart out.  

Respected Contributor

I've read about him.  It's truly sad.  There's something else going on with him besides the virus. Maybe he had tremendous underlying health conditions that have contributed to his problems

Honored Contributor

Omg I put the picture with the name.  What a mega talent and just horrible experience.  I pray for all going through this serious illness.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda I only know about celebrities who have it from the regular news cycle.  I think he's the one who lost his leg.  There was also one from Hawaii 5-0 who recovered from it.  Seems like he said they used a drug normally used for Ebola on him.  It's sad nobody who it is.  

Honored Contributor

Just curious. Have any of you had a talk  with your  significant other about what your wishes are if you say were in the situation that Nick is in?  Would  you want to have done anything and everything like Nick has been through to MAYBE have a normal like IF he pulls  though? Or would you rather not?

I think it is a very important discussion.  My husband and I had It.  

I told him I would NOT want to be kept BARELY alive...lose a leg...have heart problems and holes in my lungs....  to take me off the ventilator...let nature take its course.

my husband said he WOULD want to continue fighting...no matter what.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@esmerelda I only know about celebrities who have it from the regular news cycle.  I think he's the one who lost his leg.  There was also one from Hawaii 5-0 who recovered from it.  Seems like he said they used a drug normally used for Ebola on him.  It's sad nobody who it is.  

@Icegoddessyes, and much more. See my Post#14.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland