Respected Contributor

Re: Nice to see the Queen smile again...

From The Royal Family twitter

The Queen, The Duchess of Cornwall and The Duchess of Cambridge thank local Big Lunch volunteers at Eden Communities for their efforts supporting their communities through the challenges of the past year. 

Honored Contributor

Happy picturesSmiley Happy!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

That's some crazy sword (knife) needed to cut that cake!!!

Looks like she needs an ax to cut it!

Honored Contributor

I found this online, but I'm not verifying it in any sense, no citation:

It is deeply significant that the Queen, the Prince of Wales, Camilla the Duchess of Cornwall, and the Cambridges are all participating in the G7 summit which is being seen as Britain’s chance to showcase itself on the world stage. It is the first time William and Kate have attended the summit, and the invitation only highlights their seniority within the royal family.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Just Bling  They had to find a new use for it. It used to be used for "off with his head!"

Honored Contributor

Kate always looks beautiful and well- turned out. The Queen’s floral dress and white gloves are just perfect for the occasion. I admire her so much for going through the daily, mundane, meet and greet and chitchat she has been doing for decades. It would make me nuts after a week or two! She continues to serve her country well and will til the end, as she has said. She is loved by all and stronger than most.
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Camilla and Kate should have offered to help.  Instead they just stand and laugh as the Queen struggles with it.  Smiley Sad

Maybe that's the way to do it in the age of social distancing - cutting the cake from 3' away.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

Camilla and Kate should have offered to help.  Instead they just stand and laugh as the Queen struggles with it.  Smiley Sad

Maybe that's the way to do it in the age of social distancing - cutting the cake from 3' away.

I'm sorry, but exactly how were they to help?  Geesh. Some people just are never happy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lovely photos, thanks. I imagine the "cake-cutting" scene was only ceremonial and after a few photos the catering staff took over.

I doubt the Queen was required to cut the cake into individual squares and place them on the dessert plates. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beautiful photos.  Love both the Queen's dress and Catherine's as well.  I also like the clutch purse that Catherine held.  It sort of mirrored the Queen's dress.  Well planned. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet