Esteemed Contributor

Nice Surprise at the Car Dealership Today

It was time for my oil change, so I took it over to the dealer thinking that it would cost about $40.  They told me that I was entitled to a free oil change today and that I would also get a free one on my next oil change.  What a great surprise. 

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Super Contributor

Re: Nice Surprise at the Car Dealership Today

@SXMGirl wrote:

It was time for my oil change, so I took it over to the dealer thinking that it would cost about $40.  They told me that I was entitled to a free oil change today and that I would also get a free one on my next oil change.  What a great surprise. 

2 FREEBEES?  Hard to believe! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I love surprises like that.  This past November I took my car in to get the snow tires put on which usually costs about $60 and when it was finished he said “no charge”.  I kind of stood there thinking I must have misheard and he again said “no charge today”. I said are you joking with me?  He said no. That was a happy surprise for me too. 

Honored Contributor

Is your car new?

The last one we bought in 2017, came with 2 complimentary oil changes.

The one we bought before that in 2014 came with 2 oil changes a year for 3 years.

The one before that was in 2009 and it was 5 years of free oil changes every 5K miles.

So, GM is getting stingy.  Boo!

Honored Contributor

That's a great surprise when you don't expect it.  I went for an oil change two weeks ago and was told based on the tire tread, I will likely be ready for new tires later this year.  I wasn't expecting to hear that.

Trusted Contributor

I bought a new car last week,  Dealer gave me three years of free oil changes.  

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl

that's great!  The running joke in our house is (and it's true) when I take my car in for oil change (maybe 2x/year) the last time I came home with new Honda Sport Accord Limited Edition.

I'm due for my oil change & I'm loving the 2018 Accord...tonight he said "I know you'll get a new car! Can I pick the color?" Nope...I've picked it out already!"

Honda never offered free anything but I love the "upgrade" program.  

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1, my car is a 2017, bought when I took my old one in for an oil change and came out with a new car.  Since I only have 5K miles on it, I did not plan on an oil change today, but was pleasantly surprised.  DH had taken my car early this morning to our local place to get an oil change but they needed an appointment so we went to the dealer.  So glad that we did.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

That's nice when dealers take care of customers. When we bought our last Subaru we got free oil changes for awhile too (forget how long, i think it was a year) and free inspection and car rentals (if needed while they inspected it). Lastly we got free towing for a few years until the car was paid off (number on the window to call for help but we never needed it).But best of all was free satellite radio for (I think 6 months), but we kept it now for a few years and pay for it, because we love Sirius. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't even know what an oil change costs these days.  With all the Camrys I've purchased all maintenance has been free.  Haven't paid for maintenance in a couple of years now.  Best thing of all now with this new Camry I have maintenance is free up to 100,000 miles without a deductible.  Cost of the policy for this wasn't expensive either. Well worth it. Best thing of all though is with a Toyota you get free maintenance for two years and then this policy will kick in for me.