Frequent Contributor

Re: Nice Story About My UPS Delivery Guy

@Jordan2 wrote:

My 88 year old mother lives with me. I always answer the door when the UPS guy comes. Last week I was away at the doctor and my mother was home alone. A package came and my mother being a little slow got to the door as he was heading back to his truck. She tried to bring in the package in herself (it was on the porch and she should not have done this as she walks with a walker). Well she proceeded to lock herself out of the house! It was a hot day, and he saw what happened and just couldn't leave her. He rang my next door neighbor's bell and she came to get my mother and took her into her house. Now I come home (they didn't leave me a note as to where she was), I find her walker and call out frantically MOM, no mom! I finally go to my neighbor to see if an ambulance came for my mother, and my mom is sitting on the sofa like she's just visiting! Anyway my driver asked about her a couple of days later which I thought was very nice. I called UPS and spoke to a supervisor who will pass on what I said to my driver's supervisor. I'm sure UPS likes getting a compliment rather than a complaint!

Wonderful. Also you are special to pass along a compliment. Not everybody would do that

Honored Contributor

The world is full, everyday, of these small and simple stories of people helping each other, but most of what we see is this group or that party marching down the street in protest and anger.

If the media spent as much time with the 'happy' stories, showing just how well, in reality, we all work together, those protesting might have very little to march about.

It should be as easy to look around and see what we can do for each other, how much we share in common, as it is to be a 'victim' or enraged about our differences.

Thanks OP for sharing that story.

Honored Contributor

@beautiful_dreamer wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

My 88 year old mother lives with me. I always answer the door when the UPS guy comes. Last week I was away at the doctor and my mother was home alone. A package came and my mother being a little slow got to the door as he was heading back to his truck. She tried to bring in the package in herself (it was on the porch and she should not have done this as she walks with a walker). Well she proceeded to lock herself out of the house! It was a hot day, and he saw what happened and just couldn't leave her. He rang my next door neighbor's bell and she came to get my mother and took her into her house. Now I come home (they didn't leave me a note as to where she was), I find her walker and call out frantically MOM, no mom! I finally go to my neighbor to see if an ambulance came for my mother, and my mom is sitting on the sofa like she's just visiting! Anyway my driver asked about her a couple of days later which I thought was very nice. I called UPS and spoke to a supervisor who will pass on what I said to my driver's supervisor. I'm sure UPS likes getting a compliment rather than a complaint!

Wonderful. Also you are special to pass along a compliment. Not everybody would do that

@beautiful_dreamer Thank you so much for the kind words! Maybe I'm a Pollyanna but the world would be so much better if we all showed a little kindness to one another. 

Honored Contributor

I'm the OP with the elderly mother and I got a chance today to speak to my UPS driver. His supervisor did get my message and my driver thanked me. I told him once again how much his caring meant to me and that I wanted his supervisor to be aware of his good deed.