Valued Contributor

News to make your heart smile

A 21 year old single dad walked 11 miles to work everyday - until his co-workers found out. Trenton Lewis was gifted a 2006 Saturn from co-workers when they found out he had been walking 11 miles to work every day for 7 months. They collected almost $2000 and bought him a car. He's a single dad of a 14 month old daughter.

3 cheers for Trenton and his kind co-workers at a UPS facility in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Honored Contributor

Re: News to make your heart smile

What a wonderful group of co-workers!  How thrilled they must be to have been able to make a single Dad's difficult road a little smoother!

We all know that evil abides too, but the world is filled with people capable of great acts of caring and generosity.  Very inspiring and humbling.

Honored Contributor

What an uplifting story, a story which gives one hope knowing there are good, decent, caring, compassionate people out there.  God bless them all and much luck to Trenton and his daughter.

Esteemed Contributor

What a wonderful thing those co-workers did.  It just proves there are still kind people willing to help someone in need.  It warms my heart and puts a smile on my face.  For a brief moment I can forget the horror that is around us everyday.  Thank you for posting this.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@cimeranrose

Thank you for the smile.

Esteemed Contributor

It’s so heartwarming to hear that in this crazy selfish world there are those who still care.They lift us up & give us hope!!

Honored Contributor

Thank you @cimeranrose

A wonderful story Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful. Swedish proverb -- THERE IS MORE GOOD ABOUT PEOPLE THAN BAD. Thank you for sharing.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Love it. My heart needed a smile, and I bet I’m not alone. 💝 Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

What a wonderful, caring thing to do for this young man!!  Thanks for posting this - hadn't heard about it.  Definitely needed to read a happy story this week!