Valued Contributor

Re: News anchor was not wearing a tie

if whether the weatherman was not wearing a tie is all I had to worry about- I’d count my blessings!!

Honored Contributor

@Reever, as soon as I read your post, I braced for some using the occasion to be mocking toward you in an unkind way.  Boy, life is so less-than-pleasant when people can't disagree without expressing contempt.

Am grateful for those in the thread who simply addressed your comments by either disagreeing or agreeing, without the side order of scorn.

Esteemed Contributor

Engineering firm my husband works for no longer requires males to wear ties. There was no dress code for women, so this makes sense. Anyhoo -- the men are thrilled. Husband still wears jacket, but loves losing the tie. 

My pastor changed his dress code this year. Doesn't wear a tie or jacket on Sundays during warmer months. Good on him.

Yes, dress codes are becoming more relaxed. It doesn't bother me but I understand how it disappoints others.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Reever wrote:

I can't imagine Walter Cronkite or Dan Rather appearing on the news without a suit jacket and tie but on our local news the anchor appeared without a tie this morning. I know it may seem minor to most but it further shows the erosion of decorum in our once great country. The Golden Age has definitely passed and will never sadly come back. I fear for our Granchildren who have to inherit a world where robots are taking over jobs and social media and devices replace real communication.  Worried about our Nation.

Ridiculous!

@JaneMarple

It must be a joke.

Honored Contributor

um ok. Another " the sky is falling" thread.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Reever wrote:

I can't imagine Walter Cronkite or Dan Rather appearing on the news without a suit jacket and tie but on our local news the anchor appeared without a tie this morning. I know it may seem minor to most but it further shows the erosion of decorum in our once great country. The Golden Age has definitely passed and will never sadly come back. I fear for our Granchildren who have to inherit a world where robots are taking over jobs and social media and devices replace real communication.  Worried about our Nation.

Ridiculous!

@JaneMarple

It must be a joke.

The OP pranks/punks everyone on these forums with every post or thread. The classic definition of an under bridge dweller from Day One. I’m always surprised that no one sees that. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Reever

Oh no! What a travesty. The whole having to wear a tie thing to me is ridiculous, and always has been. Who ever thought up this tradition must not have liked men. 

These things are uncomfortable/possibly suppress blood flow, and leave even thin men with a "turkey neck".  The only place I had to wear a tie was when in Full Dress Uniform in the United States Army. The types of jobs I worked most of my life did not require them, fortunately because the would cause many unnecessary deaths.

Reminds me of when most female workers were required to wear a dress or skirt. Thankfully that nonsense has changed. Why not nix the tie?

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I figured that day would come. I've seen the weekend weatherman wearing a polo shirt and I didn't care for the casual look.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Reever

Oh no! What a travesty. The whole having to wear a tie thing to me is ridiculous, and always has been.  Who ever thought up this tradition must not have liked men. 

These things are uncomfortable/possibly suppress blood flow, and leave even thin men with a "turkey neck".  The only place I had to wear a tie was when in Full Dress Uniform in the United States Army. The types of jobs I worked most of my life did not require them, fortunately because the would cause many unnecessary deaths.

Reminds me of when most female workers were required to wear a dress or skirt. Thankfully that nonsense has changed. Why not nix the tie?

hckynut

@hckynut

Probably thought up by the same hater person that invented 4 inch stiletto high heels for women!   LOL  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mellie32 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

I saw a teacher yesterday wearing a dress WITHOUT pantyhose!  Gasp!  

Here very few teachers dress in professional attire.

Most are dressed casual or, semi-professional.

The ones who wear tight spandex/leggings with no top covering the bum, sweat pants, or let things spill out is not professional IMO.