Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,695
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: News about the Royals: Andrew and Fergie to wed again


@Pearley wrote:


@beach-mom   William isn't her nephew.  She and Andrew divorced so he wasn't even a nephew by marriage at his wedding.


@Pearley - I understand what you are saying, but I see it differently. DH's sister and brother-in-law divorced after 15 years of marriage. The were a young couple with one child and one on the way when we were married. After the divorce, DH's former brother-in-law still helped out with family things and went regularly to my in-laws for family occasions. He was especially close to my late father-in-law. 

 

My children were born while they were still married. To them he has always, and I imagine will always be, Uncle John. (He has remarried; DH's sister has been in a long-term relationship but has not remarried)

 

Since  William and Harry were very young boys (4 and 2) when Sarah and Andrew married, IMO they are her nephews. 

 

I guess it is a touchy subject, but I think it would be hard to turn off the love you have for a former spouse's sibling's child. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,730
Registered: ‎02-09-2016

Re: News about the Royals: Andrew and Fergie to wed again

@shoekitty A few years back Fergie was working for spokes person for Weight Watchers, and she also was on Q.V.C. cooking with her own line of pots and pans and a cookbook that she wrote. And last I saw her on T.V. and then when Harry and Meghan were wed in May last year. I like her and I think she did go to college. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,192
Registered: ‎03-31-2010

Re: News about the Royals: Andrew and Fergie to wed again

I remember reading that Prince Philip does not like Fergie for everything she did while married to Andrew and after the divorce, etc. and absolutely forbid Andrew to re-marry her.  The feeling is that the Queen would be OK with it only after Prince Philip passes away!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,730
Registered: ‎02-09-2016

Re: News about the Royals: Andrew and Fergie to wed again

@mom2four0418 Sarah and Andrews other daughte had a quiet wedding and I'm sure they both are married now. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,917
Registered: ‎04-23-2010

Re: News about the Royals: Andrew and Fergie to wed again


@becca lou wrote:

@mom2four0418 Sarah and Andrews other daughte had a quiet wedding and I'm sure they both are married now. 


Princess Beatrice is unmarried.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,226
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: News about the Royals: Andrew and Fergie to wed again


@becca lou wrote:

@mom2four0418 Sarah and Andrews other daughte had a quiet wedding and I'm sure they both are married now. 


Incorrect. Only ONE daughter is married. The other is NOT.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,262
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: News about the Royals: Andrew and Fergie to wed again

[ Edited ]

@becca lou wrote:

@shoekitty A few years backFergiee was working for spokes person for Weight Watchers, and she also was on Q.V.C. cooking with her own line of pots and pans and a cookbook that she wrote. And last I saw her on T.V. and then when Harry and Meghan were wed in May last year. I like her and I think she did go to college. 


shoekittyy said

 

not that it matters, but Sarah attended a short finishing school until she was 18, or shortly thereafter.  Not the same as college geared for a career.  After finishing school she worked as a greeter in an art gallery. Mind you, she was very young.  Way  later, and after her marriage she worked as a spokes person for a product sold atQVCC, and for weight Watchers.  she loved WW she said, just loved doing the work. Basically she spoke for the companies, and she would not have had it not been for her celebrity. She lost all her jobs and went back to being broke when she was in a scandal.  I can't remember the details, but it had something to do with bad checks and leaking details of Andrews life to press.  or trying to make make money on it?  not sure.   the posters here can refresh my memory.

 

you have to love her!  she is brave and a fighter.  she battled depression big time, and just pulled through.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,703
Registered: ‎08-31-2010

Re: News about the Royals: Andrew and Fergie to wed again


@becca lou wrote:

@nomless They were forced to get divorce due to Prince Phillip. And all along Andrew had taken care of her and loved her. Neither, I don't believe ever dated anyone else since.. And they even still live together. The Queen has really lighted up since Diana was killed. Even Will and Harry lived with their girls before marriage. I pray they will be happy till death do they part. So Happy about the news.I love stories like this.


Both have had other relationships since the divorce.

"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" -- Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,703
Registered: ‎08-31-2010

Re: News about the Royals: Andrew and Fergie to wed again


@shoekitty wrote:

@becca lou wrote:

@shoekitty A few years backFergiee was working for spokes person for Weight Watchers, and she also was on Q.V.C. cooking with her own line of pots and pans and a cookbook that she wrote. And last I saw her on T.V. and then when Harry and Meghan were wed in May last year. I like her and I think she did go to college. 


shoekittyy said

 

not that it matters, but Sarah attended a short finishing school until she was 18, or shortly thereafter.  Not the same as college geared for a career.  After finishing school she worked as a greeter in an art gallery. Mind you, she was very young.  Way  later, and after her marriage she worked as a spokes person for a product sold atQVCC, and for weight Watchers.  she loved WW she said, just loved doing the work. Basically she spoke for the companies, and she would not have had it not been for her celebrity. She lost all her jobs and went back to being broke when she was in a scandal.  I can't remember the details, but it had something to do with bad checks and leaking details of Andrews life to press.  or trying to make make money on it?  not sure.   the posters here can refresh my memory.

 

you have to love her!  she is brave and a fighter.  she battled depression big time, and just pulled through.


Her biggest scandal was being caught on video trying to sell access to Andrew. He was a trade rep, and then his friendship with a convicted p e do came out.  The sale of their house was another scandal.

"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" -- Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,325
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: News about the Royals: Andrew and Fergie to wed again


@beach-mom wrote:

@Pearley wrote:


@beach-mom   William isn't her nephew.  She and Andrew divorced so he wasn't even a nephew by marriage at his wedding.


@Pearley - I understand what you are saying, but I see it differently. DH's sister and brother-in-law divorced after 15 years of marriage. The were a young couple with one child and one on the way when we were married. After the divorce, DH's former brother-in-law still helped out with family things and went regularly to my in-laws for family occasions. He was especially close to my late father-in-law. 

 

My children were born while they were still married. To them he has always, and I imagine will always be, Uncle John. (He has remarried; DH's sister has been in a long-term relationship but has not remarried)

 

Since  William and Harry were very young boys (4 and 2) when Sarah and Andrew married, IMO they are her nephews. 

 

I guess it is a touchy subject, but I think it would be hard to turn off the love you have for a former spouse's sibling's child. Smiley Happy


I have nieces and nephews in their forties and up with teenagers of their own.  They are my ex-husband's siblings children and grandchildren.  We divorced in 1999 but it is I who sit down still at holidays and celebrations with the family not my ex, the actual "blood" relative. They do not invite him to anything.

I am still always and forever Aunt Becky and now Great Aunt Becky.  At least as long as I bring my fudge with me!!   It is good for my son and his family that I am still included in all of the family events.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."